I need to get rid of this static-y hair!

my hair is SOOOOO staticy! I don't know what the hell to do. I can't put any product in it because I JUST got a keratin treatment, does anyone know how I can get rid of this?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I was just outside, I put lotion on my hands, rub it in good, then smooth down the hair. I'm totally NOT saying put goopy lotion in your hair, just for some reason, if you just put lotion on your hands and your hands aren't dry, when you touch your hair the static is neutralized or something. Just try it. It works.

• i was thinking that but I'm afraid of getting the chemicals from the lotion mixed in with the chemicals from the keratin. I have to leave it alone for 3 days. do you think it would be a big deal if I just, like you said, made it so my hands aren't dry?

• I really don't think it will hurt. Because you're not really putting the lotion in your hair. Maybe use just a really basic aloe lotion on your hands if you're that worried.

• yeah I'll definitely try that :) I'm just trying to be uber careful cause I just spent a sh*t ton of money on this so I'm not trying to f*** it up lol

What Guys Said 4

• I have a friend with the same problem. When my friend washes her hair it gets staticy and flys away. It was the shampoo she was using I think the SLS (detergent) was stripping her hair. She started to use shampoos from Sensible Addictions (on the Web) and her problem went away. Anyway its worth a try no?

• I have a friend with the same problem. When she washes her hair it got staticy and fly away. It was the shampoo she was using I think the SLS (detergent) was stripping her hair. She started to use shampoos from Sensible Addictions (on the Web) and her problem went away. Anyway its worth a try no?

• Well if you're trying to please yourself and other girls, then I can't help you. But if you're worried about what guys think, than just leave your hair natural and unmolested. I've yet to meet a boy/man who EXPECTS their girl to have exceptionally pretty perms and highlights on their hair. They'd rather you have a sexy face/body/bajina, than ornamented hair, since they can't fork your hair, sweetheart.

• ...? um. OK that was absolutely not even remotely helpful. my hair is really damaged because I love to dye it and I have a ton of frizz so I just got a treatment done. I can't put chemicals or wash it for 3 days after the treatment and I have a lot of static and don't know what to do. so wtf does that answer have to do with ANYTHING?

• if you were stranded on a desert island for a year, all by yourself, would you bother to dye your hair? This question is supposed to make you think if you really do it for yourself or other people. I will never believe women/girls pretty themselves up in such a way for themselves...it's ALWAYS for other girls/guys/competition. It would be a waste of time to dally up when no one is watching you. Consider that, sweetheart.

• it's not a waste of time if no one is watching if it's something you enjoy. I love color and I had fun dying my hair and doing my makeup and stuff. I do it because it makes me feel good. it's almost like a way of art, which I also love.

• For static just use water. Run your wet hands through your hair or spray with a water mister.

• NOOOO worst thing ever I can't get it wet at all.

What Girls Said 5

• Hey grab a dryer sheet like bounce or tide or whatwver you use and run it over your hair! Theyre made to remove static cling from your clothes so it works great on your hair plus you get the yummy fabric softener smell

• yeah, I actually used to do that with pantyhose when my dress would stick lol but it uses chemicals to do that. it's got the softener in it and stuff. I was thinking the exact same thing lol

• Do you know there are keratin-based leave-in conditioner? I forget the name of the brands and I honestly can't remember where I bought them but I would assume you can use it even after keratin treatment.

I have seriously messed up hair too because I got my naturally wavy hair permed straight without realizing it would COMPLETELY dry out my hair to make it all hard and dry.

(T_T)

• I do the same thing as MissL stated. I use the left over lotion that's in my hands, but never much. When I put lotion on my hands and arms, whatever residue of the lotion that's left in my hands, I just run it through my hair. It definitely works.

• dryer sheets work

• Hair gets like that during winter.

Since you just had the Keratin treatment done, it's probably best to suffer three days of static-y hair.