How to know if you're beautiful?

how to you know if your pretty or not? at my school there's only a few guys that think I'm pretty but then people I don't know always tell me I'm pretty and I even got asked out by a guy I didn't know and he said he asked me out cause I was so pretty but then the guys at school all think I'm ugly and they always like the girls who are hoes how can I be beautiful?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey I'm sure your pretty if most guys tell you that and they don't even know you. Some guys at your school probably do think your beautiful and mayb beyond that. Some guys do go for the hoes just because they know they will get something. Not all guys are like that though just go for the group of guys that aren't like that because if you date someone like that your putting your self out there to be hurt. I honestly think that the way to kno if your pretty is if people date you for the inside out not just by looks because there is so much more than the looks that count.

What Guys Said 4

• Like Laurielou said, inner beauty can shine through. Whether you're physically beautiful or not? Post a pick lol I don't know how to know whether you're beautiful or not, I've got friends who've told me that I'm very attractive and yet in person with other girls? Not even a glance or attempt. So I can't tell you really, but you're less than 18yrs old, there's so much time left for you yet. No worries.

• dont even waste your time with people at school, I go to a school full of closed-minded rednecks and judgmental jocks/spoiled preppy girls. I get judged constantly because I have long hair and don't dress like everybody else or listen to the same type of music. I get treated differently at school just for being myself, but when I'm not at school I meet the coolest girls that I end up going out with outside of school, don't listen to people at school, its usually a popularity contest.

• Beauty is like a black hole; you may not be able to directly observe it, but you can tell it's there by how it interacts with it's surroundings.

• You can be beautiful by not being a hoe. If you want to know then wait until you 18 and post pics of yourself on hotornot.com or make profiles of yourself on social networking sites and see if guys leave nice comments about your appearance.

What Girls Said 6

• ! I have the SAME problem! Its like outside of school guys will stop and stare and random strangers will tell me how pretty I am but then the second I take a step into that school guys won't even talk to me and its frusterating because one minute you feel good and the next hedious! I say go with what the people outside of school say because maybe the boys at school jst dnt knw what theyre doing and still see you as you were in 4th grade or whatever while other guys see what you look like now

• Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. When you're in school kids are cruel and will do anything to bring each other down. You are probably a very beautiful girl, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

• You know I have the same problem as you, most people at my school think I'm ugly, then I meet a stranger and they think I'm pretty. so ignore those people.

You seem like a really nice girl, maybe we could become friends on this.

• people at school can have a warped perception of you. if you're not popular, known, on the nerdy side, or don't have the right style/friends/car then people will call you ugly irregardless of your features. but if you are popular, known or have the right clothes/clique/etc. then you may be seen as more attractive than you actually are. strangers are actually a better judge of how attractive you are since they don't have any preformed stereotypes to judge you by. no one will clown them for complimenting "that dorky girl" (not saying you are dorky, but just an example)

also guys in high school like what they think they should like, or what all the other guys like. if it's not "ok" to like you because you're not in the preapproved clique then they will act like they hate you and think you're ugly even if they really dont. so like I said, people at school are warped don't get your self esteem from high school kids.

• It's all about confidence. If you think you're beautiful then that's all that matters. Don't go by what anyone else says. Of course, compliments are nice but you should be self assured enough that you don't need them to feel good about yourself.

• true beauty comes from exuding self-confidence and I'm honestly not just saying that. if you believe that you are beautiful and walk around life believing that, then everyone else will believe it too.