Should I mention she looks better without makeup or is it none of my business?

I'm good friends with and have a crush on a woman who most would call a tomboy. She never used to wear makeup for the past 10 months I've known her. A few days ago I noticed something different about her and realized she is wearing cover up or foundation or whatever the hell you women call it lol. She has worn it all week and I don't know if it is because of me and the fact we've been flirty lately or if she is just wearing it for herself but I was used to her without makeup.

I am wondering if I should say anything or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• its a very sweet compliment. its a lot better than saying "you look better WITH makeup" lol. I think it would make her feel good to know that you feel she is naturally beautiful without anything on. when people have said that to me I always feel good, even though I still decide to wear makeup. especially since you like her, it might throw a hint out there and get the ball rolling in your favor :) but don't tell her "not to wear it" because that's not your place. you shouldn't think you have the right to have her conform to what YOU find attractive just because YOU prefer it. just leave it as a simple compliment and that's that. is her wearing makeup that big of a deal? I read your other comments and you come off a bit nitpicky.

• No I would never tell her not to wear it like I have authority over her or something, that is why I'm asking if I should even say anything at all. Anyways, I'm getting used to the way she looks now with makeup. It just surprised me when she started wearing makeup because I've never noticed her wear it before and it seemed out of character for her since she isn't nitpicky about her looks.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't say "You look better without makeup" at a time when she is wearing makeup, because that might make her feel bad after all the trouble she went to to put it on. But at a time when she is not wearing makeup, she would probably appreciate it if you told her that she looks beautiful without it.

My boyfriend likes it when I don't wear makeup and frequently asks me to go without it when I'm around him. I'm touched by this and I like knowing he thinks I'm naturally beautiful.

• It's none of your business to be honest.If she's wearing make-up because she's insecure and it makes her feel good,pointing that out isn't going to help her.And I know this is just an absolute shocker,but girls don't base every single decision off of guys

• if you catch her without make up then compliment her on her looks if you think she is beautiful...

• That is a great idea but what if she keeps wearing it so I can't catch her without it? Would it be appropriate for me to suggest she not wear it? What would you think if a guy you were just friends with said he liked your old look better?

• you can say she looks beautiful regardless if she wears make up... but let her wear make up if that is what she likes, love her for her crazy ideas too. just remember women remember comments and if not spoken with care it can be hurtful.

• You could say it when she's not wearing any makeup.

Just bring it up casually, like "Wow you look really great with no makeup on. Has anyone ever told you that?"

And maybe her foundation isn't the right shade. Makeup is meant to enhance subtly, not completely obstruct your beauty.

• Her foundation is the right shade and it makes her whole face look the same shade. Naturally her cheeks are more red than the rest of her face and I think it looks unnatural for her face to be one color after seeing how she really looks all this time.

Would it be appropriate for me to suggest she not wear it? What would you think if a guy you were just friends with said he liked your old look better?

• Then do what I said.

What Guys Said 1

• This is a perfect example of when you should keep your mouth shut. If you ever get past the "crush" stage and actually date her ... THEN you can mention this little anecdote.