Do those toning shoes really work?

Do they actually make your butt and thighs firmer? And if so does it matter what brand? The concept makes since but I don't wanna waste my money lol if anyone could give their opinions that would be great :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My sister and I had been contemplating buying Reebok Easy Tones for quite some time but we're just sticking with Nike athletic running sneakers for now. From my understanding, Reebok Easy Tones aren't meant for straight-up running because the balance ball technology makes you compensate for being slightly off and so your muscles work harder and longer. There are obviously some results, but not enough to justify me paying for sneakers that I have to get used to and pay considerable money for. And to be honest, they look kind of ugly - especially Sketchers Shape Ups.

That's just my two cents.

• I actually found some pairs made by US Polo Assn. for only $20.00. I think they are OK looking, but if its gonna tone my booty by just walking I think its worth it lol

• They work by way of simulating walking in sand. They're not meant for working out in or running in. Ever tried walking in the soft sand of the beach? Having to keep your balance on a ground surface that is constantly shifting works muscles that don't otherwise get worked, which is what those shoes are designed around.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• Actually interesting you should ask because I just read an article about those and they did some testing which shows they don't help tone or tighten anything the only reason people might lose weight while wearing them is because they are comfy so some might be more inclined to exersice while wearing them but that they are not any different than normal shoes so don't waste your mney

• i think its a skam just like those showel gels that reduces cellulites, I think its the actual walking that tones your body not the shoes, if that was the case then those toning shoes would have a 5 inch heel.

• The way they work is they are not flat on the bottom so you have to use your muscles more to maintain your balance but the article I read said because of that you are much more likely to get injured due to a fall while working out since they are not stable. I agree with one of the other answers just do 15-20 minutes of leg and butt workouts everyday and you will get nice and toned.

• I'd say don't waste your money on them just send and extra 20 min doing leg and butt execised like squats for example

• Lol there seem like a pile of rubbish no! there just shoes!

• lol I don't know because the whole rocking thing making your muscles work to stay balanced seems kinda like it might work...have you actually tried them?

• No cause I no its rubbish lol

• No because I know its rubbish loll!

• I think men suck!

• they don't work. think about it? how can they?