Am I too short? :( this sucks

I'm about 5 foot 6...

is that too short? and do I have any luck with girls since height seems to be #1 with girls ?

Most Helpful Girl

• A man that is taller than his lady gives off the impression of protector... So when I first started dating my boyfriend who is your height (i'm 5'4) it was weird at first my ex is 6'1. but now that I really think about it since were relative in size we can wrestle without him hurting me, sleep in a TWIN size bed w/o him taking up all the space, and when we kiss ( CORNY ALERT!) I can see into his eyes... So don't worry about your height. it can have some great benefits =). I changed my mind about height preferences.

• height doesn't mean you're stronger

• thats what you focused on? I meant height makes you heavier... So when you put your weight into it it makes a bigger impact. Why nose in on my answer to this post to be an ass? I'm not stupid I know that.

What Girls Said 10

• Height isn't #1 with girls..! Where'd you get that impression? We just want one that's taller than ourself.

I personally don't want one that's super tall. The height difference between us would be awkward.

But then again, if I fall for someone way taller (or shorter) than me, I won't let that be a hinder.

• I don't think that's too short. There are a lot of girls significantly shorter than that who wouldn't mind dating someone of that height.

• 1|1
  • You're fine. Just go for shorter girls. Personally I don't care how tall a guy is as long as he's taller than me (I'm 5'4"). Many girls will say the same.

• I'm am 5'8''/5'9'' and I kind of have a thing for short guys, granted they like tall women and wouldn't mind me wearing heels. I do love standing next to a man who is taller than me but I would never rule someone out because they were short.

• For me, I don't like extremely tall guys I'm 5'4". and 5'6"-5'8" is my ideal guy height :)

• ok well I'm 6'4'', so I've never really dated too many men that were taller than me so to me, no you aren't too short. :)

• Some girls have preferences.

For me, personally you're too short. I want someone who is taller than I am.

• how tall are you ?

• ah I see :/ so there would be no possibility ? ?

• Well I wouldn't write you off completely. But it would be a deterrent. I can't help it! I like taller dudes.

• I'm confused .. you're 5'6? you are not short at all. I'm 5'1. Guys like shorter girls .. its cute to them.

• ya but don't most girls want a guy that's 6 foot or something? lol

• ohhh crap, I'm sorry I thought you were a girl, I didn't realize a boy asking this question.

• so am I too short ?

• Height may be the #1 statistically but looking wealthy is #2 so it's not hopeless. Beside those are just statistics for initial attraction. Unless she intends to have a shallow relationship physical attraction is not as much of a high priority to women as men. Personally I'm 5ft. 1in. and as long as the guys eye level is higher it's good (I think my base brain is thinking I need someone who can see what's on the shelf that I'm too short to see). Also if the guy looks too wealthy I'm not attracted because I have no experience with high wealth and I would be out of place in his world.

What Guys Said 2

• Not necessarily; it's how you carry yourself- you could be 7ft and have no confidence/carry yourself like you're half that height; or, you could 5ft and carry yourself like you're 10ft tall. It's all down to attitude and self-confidence.

I'm 5'7" myself but 200lbs to use Imperial Units, and I carry myself as if I'm double that; mind you the weight is on account of muscle from extensive physical training/gym but you get the idea.

Don't let height limit what you think of yourself-the true measure of your value is how you use what attributes you have good, bad, or indifferent to attract people and make positive impressions.

• Height isn't everything. Dude, don't get upset about your height. If you go on like this you won't think about anything else and you'll turn unsecure. That's a major turn-off. Okay, you are not the tallest. But that's something you can't change. So concentrate on your other qualities. And, who doesn't want to be your partner because of your height isn't worth it anyway. I read that divorce rates are much lower for short guys. Maybe because they are really loved for what they are and not for what they look like.