Is it possible to look good in real life but not photos?

Everyone tells me I'm good-looking/handsome/sexy/cute/hot etc. And I'm not gonna lie, when I look in the mirror I am happy with the way I look. But when it comes to photos, well that's a completely different story. I look absolutely hideous in pictures. Everyone says I look fine in pictures and that me looking horrible is just all in my head.

For some reason I only look good in pictures which I take of myself. Like I have to pose in a certain position.

Most Helpful Girl

• Agreed 100%. God, I know for a fact that I look absolutely horrid in photographs. Maybe one or two exceptions, but for the most part they all suck. They always capture me in odd angles. Oh well, that's mostly why I refuse having my picture taken (the other reason is because I'm on the America's Most Wanted list for being a rapist. ;) - JK.)

But anyway, I'm sure that's the case for you. I usually get a lot of fond glances, but no one really verbally compliments me. Anyway, people are going to be more interested in you than your photo, so there's really nothing to worry about there.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, a photo is actually a more accurate representation of what you look like than a mirror; however, you also have to consider that a photo just captures you at a split second, so often you're caught with a weird look on your face or something. Like, I think I have a really weird photo-smile, but I get compliments all the time on my natural smile.

• The camera catches angles with certain lighting that are nit actually real -- it's an illusion captured by the lens. Happens to me all the time, till I became really shy of cameras.

• Its fairly common. There are also people who always take really good pictures, but they are average in real life. Personally, I don't like the way I look in a lot of pictures.

• Yes I think so. I think I look better in real life than photos, the lighting is very off.

• Yes! Some people are photogenic & others aren't. I know some people who are beautiful, but always look bad in pictures. I don't know why, some people just don't take a good picture.

• Yes,most certainly.Some people aren't photogenic.

• Of course. Some people don't photograph well, they just aren't naturally photogenic. My sister Alana looks much better in real life than in print.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes its possible. I've met a woman in college that looked insanely hot but then when I saw her pictures on facebook she looked like a 6.5 to a 7.

• It's the human disease to not be able to see what the rest of the world sees.

The picture is taken when you are doing only one thing, while in the mirror you see your face naturally, in a calm way, and you can change your face.

• yeah that's like me I always end up looking like a total idiot in pictures because ill be in the middle of doing something, or have some weird expression