Could this be true, guys?

If a girl is too pretty to you like have very seductive, sexy eyes or just so pretty in the facethat you would hardly look at her? Like wouldn't make much eye contact because maybe nervous? or if a guy does this and the girl is very attractive, what could be some reasons why he won't make much eye contact?

i mean, already ON A DATE, guys like you are out datin and you won't look at her eye or when you are talkin to her, your not really makin eye contact and she is beautiful

Most Helpful Guy

• This is actually due to our primal instinct as mammals. If we feel intimidated by some one, (beautiful women, bully, boss), we won't make eye contact or break eye contact right away. Among most mammals this is a common signal to show submission. The person avoiding eye contact is showing the other person they are of a lower status than the person who is not looking away or breaking eye contact. But this isn't always true though, you should also take into consideration the speed at which eye contact is broken. If a person slowly and casually breaks eye contact with you they might not feel to nervous around you, in fact they might not even really care you're there at all!

In the end these things are rooted in a person's current psychological state. If the person is very shy they might get nervous with anyone in a social situation. Maybe they have low self esteem, which leads them to feel that they're not worthy of other peoples attention. The reasons go on and on.

If you still want to know why people do this I would suggest reading some stuff on body language, it can give you a real insight as to why people behave the way they do.

What Guys Said 7

• I could ask you the exact same questions - could a guy be so attractive that you wouldn't look him in the face? Could you be too nervous to make eye cantact? What are some reasons she wouldn't make eye contact if he was very attractive? Chances are what you'd do is the exact same of what I'd do.

• For me, no, if I see something attractive I'll look at it all day long. However, I can understand some guys being intimidated.

• that is false, what might be a little true is if a girl is trying hard to stand out I might not give her any attention, but if I genuinely find her seductive to the point where she is dragging you towards her, then I will not only look but go up and talk to her

• if he is a shy guy he most likely won't ever make eye contact for more than a half second. But on the other hand you may catch him looking at you a few times

• Yeah I don't like it tho because I get all pretty up and don't get that eye contact much like checkin me out good.

• any man will deff check you out for sure but you as a lady just can't always catch it because you don't have eyes everywhere. (behind your head when he is looking at you from behind ;) )

• No I'm talkin about on a date or just ridin in the car. I see the guys that look at me in public. I'm talkin about up close and personal

• He's either...

A) A wimp.

B) Not conident.

C) Shy.

D) All of the above.

I'm going with D. I've often asked myself, "why are some of my guy friends so intimidated by pretty women?" The options above are the only answers I can come up with.

• But you would think if she is pleasing to look at, that you would enjoy as much as you can to look at her

• Staring and not acting is just creepy. If I see a really beautiful woman and I'm attracted to her for whatever reason, then I'm going to go talk to her and ask for her number...

• This holds true to some extent. If a girl is so attractive I would hold eye contact with her but only if she was HOLDING eye contact with me too. I put ''holding'' in capitals because it shows that she is interested. However, if I kept looking at her but she didn't look at me then I would stop holding eye contact. For example, if a girl caught me looking at her but she looked away striaght after, but I kept staring at her and she kept looking over to see if I was still looking, then I would either think she is shy or I would think that she thinks I am being a perv. Probably the latter.

So in answer to your question, if the girl is too pretty I would only hold eye contact if she was constantly looking at me also.

• more than possible. especially if he's the shy type.

What Girls Said 2

• when some guys don't make eye contact with me, I just assume its because they think I'm not attractive. but then I know some guys have no problem making eye contact with a girl they find attractive because they want to let her know they're interested. but some guys could be shy. but some guy could not be interested in you at all and that's why they don't make eye contact. I don't know I just don't really think about it. unless you explicitly make it obvious that you're interested/attracted to me, then I assume you werent.

• yea, some guys are intimidated by pretty girls. I guess they lack some confidence