I really AM tall, does that bother you?

I've been reading around, and have noticed that a lot of girls seem to think 5' 8" to 5' 10" is tall. I'm 6' 1" girlies, and have a HELL of a time finding guys. I haven't decided if I'm just being picky, or if I really do need a taller guy.

Guys: would it bother you to date a girl who is 6' 1" (given that you're average or taller)? Cause currently I have a crush on a guy who's a good 3-4 inches shorter than me, and I'm honestly afraid he wouldn't go for me. I personally would love to find a guy to make ME feel short, but so far, I haven't had much luck. SO, I gotta deal with what I have.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, can you get those cookies of the top shelf for me? and if so, we might be good. Lol.

I don't think it would bother me. Maybe it would, but I honestly don't know. I suppose, stupid as it may seem, how much an issue it would be with others, as well as her.

I think that other issues would matter more to me than how tall she is, though.

That being said, I do kind of like feeling like "the protector" so I suppose an issue would be whether or not I could still feel like the man in the relationship, and to a degree, her hero. I do like girls that can stick up for themselves a bit, but I also like being the guy who feels like he can wrap his arms around the woman when cuddling or can protect her from a creep.

It's hard to say. By the way, I'm 5'7, and I feel short, though I'm lucky to be above 5'4, which a lot of guys still are.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it would bother me if she was the right girl. Its something you have to be comfortable with and I think some guys have issues looking up to their girl. Its like that romantic kiss where you lean down and take her in your arms, it makes stuff like that a little harder. We have a couple that are good friends and she is 6.2 and he is about 5.10-11 and they do fine though. its all in the personalities.

• Being 6'3" I can relate. That being said I say the taller the better. I am a leg man and you are pretty much gauranteed a nice set at that height. I also think a taller girl can often carry herself in a more confident, self-assured way. Now, I personally don't think I would date a girl taller than me, but I have yet to encounter a girl that I have to look up to. I say be proud of it, there are guys out there who dig it, I'm proof.

PS- you don't live in SC by chance do you? ;-)

• No, I do not, lol. Nice try though. :)

Thanks for the answer!

• Well I'm 5'6", which is below average male height in the US. I wouldn't have a problem dating you. And yes, it would be handy to have someone tall to reach all the things I couldn't, that wouldn't be the reason I'd date you either. Height only plays a part in like kissing. I'd end up kissing your neck or shoulders. But there would be ways to handle that.

Height is like weight. It only matters when it's one extreme or the other.

Now if you were being a pain and making fun of me for being short or using your height against me, then there would be a problem.

As for finding a taller guy. I should hook you up with my best friend from high school. He's like 6'6" or 6'7". Yep, a full foot or more taller than I am.

So to sum up. Well if you're OK that he's shorter, then in my opinion there isn't a problem.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think height should matter. You'll find a guy who's right for you, whether he's taller than you or shorter. Height shouldn't matter, but I realise that it's one of those things that you want to look like you belong together, ie tall guy, short girl. I know a girl who's 6', and she's had the same problems finding guys, but she has found a guy who's 6'4 and they couldn't be happier. It'll happen for you too, you shouldn't worry too much about it, because there are plenty of guys that are taller than 6', just don't wear 4 inch heels, haha.

• If only it were that easy! lol, it's odd. You'd thinkg being a tall girl, I wouldn't want to wear heels, but that's practically all I have in my closet! I know it doesn't help, but... Some shoes are just too cute to pass up cause they'll make me another 2-3" taller! Besides, I tower over almost everyone anyways, what's another 3"? lol :)