Dress code or no dress code?

Would you rather go to a school which has a dress code or no dress code? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• None.

I don't really see the point in uniforms, it doesn't make people look tidier, by the end of the day guys still loosen their ties, girls will hitch up their skirts, it doesn't unify people at all. I just find uniforms uncomfortable.

I used to hate wearing the same thing day after day too - it wasn't fun.

What Girls Said 13

• I go to a school now with a dress code. I personally prefer it for modesty sake. There's just some things I'm better off not seeing!

• have you seen how some girls wear their schoolgirl skirts? there is no way around it unless everyone wears pants or knee length shorts and like a polo shirt

• oh we don't wear school-girl skirts or uniforms. We just have a standard - any skirts and dresses have to come to the knee, and shorts no shorter than 3 inches above the knee, etc.

• I don't want a dress code,and in my school which I'm sadly leaving next year :( had no dress code but no one really took advantage of it.

• dress code, cause no one can make fun of what the other person is wearing .

• no dress code. I think people should be able to wear what they want (appropriate for school) so they can be unique and be themselves

• No dress code! That way I can express myself through my own personal style. I would be bored otherwise.

• With a dress code. Preferably uniforms.

Growing up, I got teased a lot for not having name brand clothes.

• definitiv no dress code!

i think people can express in the way they dress and it is boring everyone wearing I love wearing something different everday

• Dress code. I love uniforms, because they're so much less work. Besides, there are things I could really live without seeing.

• I don't think it matters. So there's a dress code, big deal, it's not like it's unreasonable and there's a reason for it.

• Dress code. I love uniforms,

• I went to private school for a year. Having a uniform made no difference. People were still petty and bullied other kids. And there were still cliques despite us all appearing 'equal.'

I say no dress code. As long as it's appropriate (nothing hanging out or too short).

• NO dress code! I went to private school for years and uniforms and strict clothes policies on the rare days we could pay to wear "normal clothes" sucked. I had no idea how to dress myself when I got sent to public school after middle school. It was horrible. There was no originality or anything.

• without

i would hate to have to wear the same thing as everyone else

but it would make it easier and quicker to get dressed in the mornings

What Guys Said 5

• No dress code.

Catholic school caused me to find plaid skirts deeply erotic in my adult life... the depravity of it all.

Seriously, we found that it doesn't prevent gang sign nor does it tamp down individuality. We did notice that there was a stronger shift toward risk taking in other areas, often to "prove" their individuality.

• dress codes suck!

• Dress code. I don't like having to figure out what to wear in the mornings and would rather just put something on and be done with it. Plus it's always fun to hear everyone bitching about having to wear uniforms (though it can get old).

• Dress code, I just like to wear ties and stuff. But I do anyways so it doesn't really matter to me much.

• No dress code. That way I can see which women at my school are sluts.