Why most girls dig artists (painter, drawers, musicians, dancers, singers)?

Why most girls dig artist (painter, drawers, musicians, dancers, singer)?

... why do you thin being artsy is a " highly valued ability "? I mean why not being good in math? Math has brought more prosperity to human kind than arts. Yet if s.o. is good in math, he's seen as a geek.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's because girls are impressed by those talents. Plus, those hobbies require lots of personality and thought and sensitivity, which can make a girl feel like they know him by looking at their art. So they like that connection. That's sort of how I feel about my crush :)

But if a guy was good at math, I'd be impressed, too. I'm pretty good at math, and if my crush was better at math than me, I'd want to beat him and learn more faster than him xD

Anyways, even though being artistic is great, that doesn't mean it's the greatest talent ever. If you're good at other things, don't feel bad about it.

• ... why do you think girls are impressed by those artsy talents besides that it requires thought and personality?

• Although art isn't necessarily a hobby... I do painting and drawing as my full-time job and I don't have any other employment...

• Well, I feel like I answered that, girls like the connection. Like some others are saying, being a part of any type of art usually involves passion, and some girls may not think those involved in math and science have passion, which is a shame.

And sorry, I just called it a hobby without thinking.

What Girls Said 12

• Well, I'm an artist and I go to school for it, Normally I try to stay away from artsy guys just because there's a sensitivity behind it that can be good or bad. People get competitive of each other, someone's always more snesitive than the other if it's too artists and it tends to annoy me. However there are many artists who don't really give a f*** and just create.

That's what lots of girls like. I know I'm attracted to artists like me who just want to paint and talk and enjoy life and other people. It's a really amazing way to look at the world that you don't really find in people who work in the maths and science. Besides, you can also find it in English majors. Usually, the people in Humanities have a lot of passion and determination about something in life that is overlooked and pretty amazing. And the thought that goes into appreciating more abstract things in life is REALLLY hot...

• i wouldn't say I'm more attracted to artsy people than sciencey(?) people. Artsy people tend to be cool-looking and mysterious. They also have talents that many people find attractive, especially if they themselves don't have that talent. Also with girls, most boys are seen as very immature and lacking substance. Artsy people are perceived as deep and thinkers, which is often true. Girls want a guy they can have a deep conversation about feelings, thoughts, etc

I can see where you say intelligent people are geeky. I see "geeky" as people who don't have a hobby/talent/activity outside of school. For instance: two guys who are equally good in math. One stays home all night, which I would assume he studies, etc. The other goes home and plays a sport/plays guitar/etc. It's more interesting, and those guys are just seen as more attractive.

And no matter what, musicians are ALWAYS hott :)

• musicians are ALWAYS hott :) ... why?

• let me rephrase that, rock musicians are hott. rock is just a sexy genre of music and rock musicians are rebellious, have an attitude, but are sensitive in the lyrics they write.

it's always hott when people have something they're passionate about

• Best response in my opinion

• I love a guy who is passionate about something, doesn't usually matter what it is. Besides, I've always had a small painter fantasy, but that is for another day and another question. XD

• I am attracted to men who are passionate about their dream and aren't afraid to pursue it. I actually find geeky men very cute, and I love artsy men because I have been drawing for 15 years. I actually study medicine so I guess I could also be considered geeky? (But I like to party ;P)

• i think guys who are good in math are sexy. logic turns me on, as does intuition. math requires lots of both. Also hot. language, anthropology, history, philosophy, political science, theology, ethics, semantics, ..

• Possibly because a man who is into the arts is more likely more emotionally open, they express their feelings, thoughts through ex. music and art.

• I think its because of their ability to use so many different art forms of expression, because we normally think of guys as unable to express themselves and be compassionate, but art Is one of the biggest forms of expression so its attractive.

• Art is expressive, passionate, and intense. I loveee the arts, so a guy with similar interests is always a plus!

• none, UFC fighters =)

• I admire anyone who has interests, determination and intelligence. Those are all endearing qualities. I'm not creative in the sense that I'm a drawer, painter, singer, etc. but I do have other strengths.

• Simply becaue I hate math and it is really annoying.

i hardly handle it this year and can't wait to pass it with good grades and throw the note book and now you want me to be interested in a math boy.

hell no.

• because it's an amazing talent to be artistic. lots of people can draw, but few can do it well

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's for the same reason's why you'd be attracted to it. For me, it's knowing that someone has a passion and takes pride in something. To see someone commit to something they feel so strongly for is attractive to me. Not to say that math isn't attractive, however, it's something we are all thought, so it just gets over looked and becomes under rated. I think a lot of people now days live in a fantasy world where, youtube is your best way of getting your name out there. We all want to be entertained these days and entertaining people is much more common. Rubbish, you can't make a career out of singing. Is what people used to say, when you say that you want to be a scientist, it isn't as interesting as it used to be.

• Women like men who are passionate about and good at stuff.

Different women might prefer different things.

But if you're a professional artist or musician, a pro athlete, a very successful businessman, a great speaker, the leader of some charity, etc ... there will be women who are interested in you.

• Because they are great at the expression of self, and have a highly valued ability - and this makes them attractive.

• Because art can easily be percepted in some way or another. Some can live the "feelings" that is broadcasted by art, others can admire its beauty. Either way, it can be understood with only our 5 senses, and no actual thinking and prior knowledge is required to see its worth.

Meaning: art is simple and understood by everyone, while math is something you can admire only if you know what the hell that person is talking about.

• Material prosperity is not the be-all end-all. Art has given a lot to people that isn't material. That being said, people consistently grossly underestimate the very substantial economic effects of art.