Metrosexual men sexy or not?

OK me and my girls where talking about this today.some of them like their men metrosexual and pretty much primed and pretty.i don't get it really.i like my man to look and act like a man!that means chest hair,the happy trail,the 5 o'clock shadow is OK to.what I'm saying is a like my men the way god made them not the way Cosmo says they should be!when I said this then one of my friends said "so you like yours to be like cavemen,hello its 2010 not the the stone age,christa!" and I said "sure if he wants to bang rocks together,kill a deer with his bear hands and stand on top of a mountain shouting "I AM MAN"at the top of his lungs then that's fine with me! there's nothing wrong with a guy going back to his cave man roots every now and then as long as he doesn't hit me over the head with a club!" lol any thoughts on this from guys and girls?

and also iv read some stuff some guys put on here and I say to them,"GET UR BALLS OUT OF A PURSE AND MAN UP"lol some of them just sound like a bunch of whining school girls!quit being a vag and grow a pair!lol!but like I said some not all!

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, girls like you are becoming less and less in the USA. More women these days want men to look and act like women, least more so than in the past. "A touch of feminity" is how a girl once put it to me. Another girl told me she didn't like forearm hair on a guy. I once read a book on the demasculinity of America, and this was part of a chapter -- about men being hairless. Another section jokes about this being part of the feminist plot to sedate men so they could eventually take over the world.

Funny because it's true? Really now -- ladies, would you like a guy who ran screaming around the house because a large rat broke inside? Or would you prefer your man pick up the shotgun and blow the infected critter's head off before it takes a bite off your daughter's leg?

• hurry grab the shotgun!lol so true though I think!dang feminist lol

• thank you, cjblondi08, for best answer.

:)~

What Guys Said 13

• > sure if he wants to bang rocks together,kill a deer with his bear hands and stand on top of a mountain shouting "I AM MAN"at the top of his lungs then that's fine with me!

That sounds amazingly manly indeed. It's hard to believe there are women out there who would not be attracted to such a guy :D

• Why are you telling guys to grow a pair for complaining? Just because a guy complains you tell him to grow balls but yet you women think its perfectly OK for women to throw a b*tch fit, WTF? That's a double standard.

Your friends are dumb for thinking that just because its the millennium that hairy guys like me have to adapt to what society says. Guys that change themselves because of what society says are pushovers. The fact that so many women don't like hairy guys is part of the reason why I've never been laid.

• ok first of all read what I wrote right then get back to me.i said some guys not all.

• Yea I know you said some guys but still don't tell them to grow balls.

• I don't like any men, I like boys. Men are boring. I mean I don't agree with your friends saying 'its 2010 not the stone age' that's uncool. But in a way they're right. Not that you or anyone should change your preferences, but 'Man'd up' men having nothing to contribute to the new world. Neither do woman'd up women, either. All this strength and independence malarky. Its worthless and it bores me. Yawnyawn.

Boys and girls, that's what I like.

• i think people should look after themselves. I m caveman at home, when I am too lazy to groom. but when I go outside, I become metro. there are 3 kinds of metrosexual guys

1- gays

2- guys that act like girls

3- guys that know what to do to successfully attract the oposite gender.

• There are only two times that arm hair was removed in my case: It got burned off, and it got shaved off for my tattoos, oh yeah,I shave when I feel like it :). Florida is a very nice place by the way, spent some time in FT. Walton Beach.

• i am so not going to ask how it got burned off lol :) yeah I love FL

• We more some girls like you in the UK who like their men like men.

Hurry up and get on a plane honey and I'll meet you at the airport! lol

P.s Good story.

Regards,

Paul

• Women are attracted to status. Metro guys are not only in vogue, but they also appear to be somewhat moneyed, two things women, in general, find very attractive.

• Better to be a man then a little pretty boy.. That's what I say. Lift weights, play sports grow some facial hair and get' r' done. lol

• you are the perfect girl for my friend

• I'm proud of of my hairy chest

• I hate the word metrosexual. As if the fact I take care of myself has ANYTHING to do with my sexuality. I shave my chest and sculpt my body hair to reasonable, comfortable lengths depending on location, and shave my face every day. I get my hair cut twice a month. I dress up in designer clothes such as Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Express, and Armani on an almost daily basis. My apartment is kept meticulously clean, I burn candles etc. I am a book worm with a 3.8 GPA and held a college degree by the time I turned 18. I hate traditionally "masculine" sports like football, basketball, and baseball but love sports such as swimming and gymnastics. I own a safe full of weapons I'm proficient at using. I hunt but also support and preach conservation. I'm 180 pounds of solid muscle and participate in ultramarathons with distances ranging from 30 to 60 miles and pound for pound am stronger than anyone my weight in my gym.

Point is, there is a big difference between being feminine and being classy. Grooming / Appearance, Education, and Physical Ability often have nothing to do with gender roles. Do men really have to present themselves as scruffy and wear generic, bland clothing to appear masculine? I think not.

Men - Do not let traditional gender stereotypes dictate who you are.

• ok first of all there's a difference between being metro and clean cut.metrosexual refers to a man that has a strong concern for his appearance or a lifestyle that displays attributes stereotypically associated with homosexuals.to be clean cut means to have a head or body free from lumps, bumps, bulges or folds. Trim, tight features;and to be neat and smart in appearance.but you are obviously an intelligent person and already knew that.

• second of all you are over contemplating what I am talking talking about here.i am not talking about class, education,or physical ability.i am strictly talking about straight men who are feminine.thats it!

• I laugh to myself when I see guys that are overly well groomed and look like they picked out their outfit to match. I don't shave or trim my body hair because I think it's girly. I shave my face 3 times a week maximum because I'm lazy and don't mind the scruffy look most of the time.

I don't want anything to do with the type of women that want metrosexual men because I stereotype those women as being too superficial and not willing to get dirty and have fun. By get dirty I mean be active, play sports, go camping, hiking, and fishing.

• lol yeah I don't get it either.i seen I guy with his girlfriend at the mall the other day and he was shoping with her (which is fine)but he had a man purse!i couldn't stop laughing lol!and he had a look on his face that said "plz kill me" lol

• hahahahaha. I'm a pretty manly man I think. I fix my cars, I've started hunting. I'm trying to grow out some stubble. I cook a good meal. I don't shave my chest, I trim my pubes. I have a treasure trail. I drink beer and whiskey. I love to play with fire. I like almost anything that goes bang. but I'm not brave enough to let you know who I am :(

• but through all of this I still try to dress nice. if I could, I would wear a suit every day lol.

• also, I live in the country.

• np yeah me to

What Girls Said 11

• I think it's great that men feel the urge to 'get themselves in line' like women have felt since the dawn of time. It's nice when a man tries, but it's also nice to not over do it. This goes for women as well as men. If a guy looks like a cave man than it's gross, but if he tries a bit, puts conditioner in his hair (I like long haired men, so conditioner is very important), if he plays with his beard (maybe braid it..not just let it grow like a savage xD), if he dresses in clothes that are not ripped / very worn out, and if he's all in all well put together than I love it.

Metrosexual...I can't say I like it. I don't want my guy to go to the manicurist more times than I do! Hahaha It would probably feel like he's the woman in the relationship then! xD

Pics of great men:

(My taste... :)

- link -the second man and the third man from these pictures

- link -YUM!

- link

- link

- link - this one's just for the awesome beard! xD

I think you'll get the picture(s)... Haha ^_^

• I think they are freaking sexy :D I like beautiful boys!

But I like "manly" men as well. Doesn't really matter to me as long as they care about me. My boyfriend right now is the indie type, tall, skinny, v neck t shirts, hoodies, skinny jeans, but he has a nice beard sometimes ha ha :D

I don't think society should decided what a "man" should look like or act. Everyone is different and we should celebrate that not encourage conforming to a norm

• Er no. I HATE metrosexual men. My other half who's also in the Armed Forces, boxes, plays rubgy, shaved head, muscles, tattoos and just exudes testosterone.

If I wanted a metrosexual man I'd go to Bangkok and have a lady boy..no thank yew..

• HAHA girls should listen to the babyjenks, I like how you specify the location, it's even worse than "brazil" where you mentioned.

• if they're naturaly handsome I don't care if they're groomed or not

on the other hand, men who are uglier yet hypergroomed make me uncomfortable.

• Every girl has a preference. Personally, I'm more into guys that lean closer to the metro side, who look more cleaned up, but I have friends that just want nothing but guys with muscles and scruff.

• i like em clean cut to but I don't like a guy that shaves body hair or waxes it either lol I like em a little scruffy.lol but yeah every girl like somthing different

• Metrosexuals...not really my taste ...at all.

• No

• I like very manly men. Feminine, metro men are a MAJOR turn off for me.

• I don't likpretty boys

• i like scrufffy stoner lookin dudes lol. but pretty boys can be ok... like jesse metcalf is pretty hott

• lol yeah he's pretty hott but I'm more into the Don Draper,Tom Selleck,George Clooney,Gerard Butler, and David Boreanaz type myself lol

• im sayin he's hott for a pretty boy metro douche :D

gerard butler is one sexy mofo I don't know who the rest of those dudes are tho

• lol no I agree he does look good. google them you won't be sorry lol :)

• i don't. it's like having a girl around all the time. no t hanks