Does anyone else think like this when a member of the opposite sex likes them?

Whenever a girl likes me I always think why would this girl like me when there are so many better guys out there.

The other day I was with my guy friends and we met some new girls at a party. One of those girls just happened to be an old friend of mine. The day after the party my girl friend told me that one of her friends thought I was hot and that she likes me. The girl that likes me was arguably the hottest girl out of the whole group.

Not trying to be insecure or anything but the bunch of guys I was with all had advantages over me which is why I was thinking why on earth is this girl interested in me when she could probably have any one of my guy friends. In my group I was the shortest guy by far (I'm only 5'4'' and most of my friends are either average height or tall, mostly tall though), the skinniest guy, the darkest guy, the only guy that can't drive and I don't even think I'm that attractive. The only thing I think I have better than my friends is my sense of style. I usually make an effort when it comes to clothes. What's even more confusing is that all the guys were flirting with all the girls whereas I was more quiet. I did talk to the girls but I did not flirt at all the entire night. I just made casual friendly conversation with them and got to know them. These guys know how to attract girls with their flirting and all their confidence.

So here I am thinking why on earth is a girl as hot as her interested in someone like me when she could probably get someone much better than me. Like someone tall and more attractive facially (I'm not gay by the way, I just know the kind of guys girls usually are attracted to by looks).

Does anyone else feel like this when someone is attracted to them? Maybe it is my insecurities speaking after all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep I feel like this all the time, I've dated girls that I think are unbelievable... they're beautiful and smart and funny. I always seem to date girls who I feel are miles too good for me. I've been told I'm attractive, and I'd compare myself to other guys I know girls like then think... eh why? I am the complete opposite of all these other guys... none of the features are similar. I think it's best not to question it, just go with the flow. By the way, a lot of the other guys were flirting? Yeah I know a lot of girls who hate meeting a guy then have to put up with being hit on all night, Heck I feel like I've dated a girl because I wasn't the only guy hitting on her that night, ironically that's because I didn't think I'd even have a shot if I was the only guy on earth. I assume quiet, polite and mysterious is often a plus.

What Girls Said 2

• Surprisingly, these are your sexy assets :

1. I usually make an effort when it comes to clothes.

2. All the guys were flirting with all the girls whereas I was more quiet.

3. I did not flirt at all the entire night.

4. I just made casual friendly conversation with them and got to know them.

Stay humble and keep your cool. That's sexy! :)

• I feel the same way whenever a guy is attracted to me.

What Guys Said 1

• Yea I've felt that way. When girls have liked me I always wondered why because I don't think I'm attractive, I'm average at best. I'm more of a quiet shy type so I thought that they would rather go for the confident outgoing guy. I guess they liked my personality once they got to know me, that's all I can think of.