Why won't my makeup stay?!

So when I put my makeup on I use liquid base and then liquid concealer. Then I let it dry for a few minutes, then I apply a lighter shade of powder to set it. Then I use the powder and bronzer to blend my neck with my face. Well my makeup rubs off too easily. I'm afraid to wear shirts that touch my neck in any way of jackets that are cute for the fact I don't want makeup on it. and it rubs off if my face touches someones clothes like during a hug. Any makeup suggestions that don't rub off, or any advice in general ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Makeup Primer

makeup primer will make sure your makeup stays and last all day, there's all sorts of primers like for your eyes which urban decay primer potion is probably the best type of primer for yours eyes out there, there's lip primers to make your lip color last and face primer which is wha your looking for. Primer also helps gives you a flawless looking finish to your skin because its suppose to help even out your tone.

link (this one has a lot of good reviews)

i use this rimmel primer from cvs which was $7 I guess it works OK, it doesn't really slim down my tiny pores but it did make my face makeup last a while

What Guys Said 2

• Your make up won't stay because you're too attractive for it... you're out of it's league :p

But really, you don't need it, so don't worry about it.

• Yeah, don't wear so much. Powder faces aren't natural.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't have this issue with my make up, maybe you need to try different brands. I personally use this foundation called mousse, which is really cool stuff. The only make up that doesn't last through the day is lip gloss, so I generally don't wear it.

• You may be applying too many layers. I used to have the same problem liquid foundation. Have you ever tried just using concealer and powder? A good brush combined with a good powder would be enough!

• Sounds like you have about fours layers of makeup... no wonder it comes off so easily!

But seriously... I think just using a powdered concealer to cover up any noticeable spots would be just fine.

Don't over do it! Natural is prettier :)

• Use a good Primer and maybe subtract one layer of makeup.

• just don't wear the crap, it clogs you up lol.

if your trying to cover up a spot or 2 on your face just use a little and blend in that area untill it looks natural.. trust me it looks a hell of a lot better then covering your whole face up because you get that fake ass look ya know. just stick to the eye makeup

you can always tell when someones got there face caked with makeup and it looks ghetto

• Try Revlon Colorstay! That stuff stays on like nobody's business.

• try using some primer underneath and letting each layer sit for a bit to dry off then powder

• It's not that your makeup isn't staying, it's that you're putting on too much!

• put makeup primer first. or maybe your makeup is not a good brand.

• If your looking for any eye primer, stay don't stray by benefit is really great.

• instead of using so much makeup, invest in a good primer which will help your foundation adhere to your face. it just creates a better 'canvas' for applying makeup. also let your primer soak into your skin for at least a minute before applying liquid foundation otherwise it will come off more easily. use primer, foundation, concealer (only if you need it) and maybe a bronzer or translucent powder. hope this helped :)

• try primer and expensive makeup

• makeup like that just tends to come off in general.

besides, too much makeup can make you look a bit too much like a Barbie doll... and not in a good way.

might be a good idea to try to go without the foundation!

the more natural you look, the prettier you are :)