Do you ladies like guys with long hair or is it outdated?

OK Here is my question. I always had short hair. You know like military short. But recently, I decided to let my hair grow long. My goal is to let it grow to the top of shoulders. I'll keep it clean and try to style it. I never let it grow this long. The funny thing is that I have been getting a lot of looks from girls lately which never happened before. This a shock to me. I want to know what you ladies think.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.
Can you ladies submit pics of guys with long hair that you find hot/sexy or looks really good so I can get an idea. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• sth like this :P...

link

this:

link

or this:

link

or maybe this :P:

link

oooor this:

link

you have to have the right face for it though... my borther has got pretty long hair which suits him better than short hair, but another friend of mine used to have long hair en looks way better with short hair... pitty you are anonymous 'cause else I couldsee what would suit you better! xD...

• Unfortunately I am having lots of comp problems (crashes,hard drive problems) and trying to submit a pic of me (no bs). But as soon as I have the time, money, and assistance to repair these issues I will submit my pic.

What Girls Said 31

• Some hairstyles suit people differently, maybe longer hairstyles work for you. I swear I have one guy friend that looks like a woman when he shaves his head... it really is the oddest thing because shorter hair styles are stereotypically more masculine.

Anyway, in terms of length it really depends on what kind of hair you have and how you cut it, some guys can pull off shoulder length and look damn attractive doing so while others can't. I always think it's fun to experiment though, and who knows maybe you'll find the growing out stages ultimately suit you better than your desired result. Happy styling!

• oh and of cours these three:

link

link

link

this however... isn't hot at all!:

link

• usually I like short to medium hair on guys, but when I guy has long hair and really pulls it off, its hard to look away lol.

just as long as you look after it well and don't let it get dirty or greasy, or lots of split ends if you plan to straighten it. I think wavy/ curly hair looks better than straight long hair anyway.

if you think you can work it, go for it!

• Nope...love long hair.

Hot long hair:

link

link

...and a lot more where that came from xD...

• Long hair is awesome!

• personally I love long hair on a man. Sometimes it doesn't look good on the guy but if you can pull it off and you keep it clean than I see no problem with it. I like to run my fingers through a guys hair and most of my girlfriends have said the same thing :P you go boy and rock those locks :)

• well, it depends on what you look like :P

i usually go for short or like short-medium.

and if you're at all worried about looking feminine, guys with long hair can still be masculin too, like I've never seen a girly metalhead, and lots of them have long hair.

• I think it depends on wether or not you can pull that off if you've always had short hair an decide to grow it long it could also freak some people out so be prepared and of you decide you don't like it and cut it short again it could freak people out. But to answer your question I think long hair on the right guys is hot. I also like short hair. Depends on what looks best on the guy

• Long hair is super sexy,so let it grow!:)

• I personally don't go for the short hair. Like guys linger hair, not past the shoulders and wavy/curly. Although you have to be able to pull it off. It doesn't suit everyone.

• I am generally not attracted to guys capable of putting their hair in a pony tail.

• I actually prefer guys with long hair!

• Depends on the guy, but I'm a sucker for long hair...

• I personally like guys with a buzz cut or something that's short butstill long enough to play with. I don't like guys with long hair, but that's my personal choice.

• I don't like long hair on guys. Military short hands down.

Plus, guys get emotionally attached to their hair. Seriously. I have a friend who had not-so-long curly hair, and it took his friends +300 Facebook fans to get him to cut his hair.

• Ehhhhhh, not so into it. I prefer short hair.

• I love short hair on guys! It's always good to mix it up a little though, and experiment with new styles.

• yeah I like kinda long hair

• individual preference.i find guys with shoulder length or longer hair very attractive!

not crazy about short hair.

• But some looks nice, some don't, only can tell you exactly when you send a photo

• My boyfriend has hair to his shoulders and personally I like it :D

• I like guys with long(shinny) hair)) I love to play with them:)

• shoulder length hair is very sexy.

• Long long long. Please.

• I like boys with long hair. They exite me ;)

• nope.. not at all.

• I don't

• Guys with long hair do not seem as masculine to me. I do not want to see any man's hair blowing in the wind nor do I want to share beauty secrets with him. Unless its like Ashton Kutcher long (which really isn't all that long) than its a turn off. Think about the celebrities that are the most popular amoung women, they all have short hair... George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum, Jason Statham, Ryan Reyonlds, Ryan Gosseling, Ryan Phillipee... I'm sure you get the point the list could go on. The point is most women really don't go for the men with hair down to the shoulders, maybe somewhat longer ( not a buzz cut) but not long flowing hair much like their own. If you want to grow your hair like Hugh Jackman that's one thing, but like some womens romance book characters is not attractive.

• It depends my favorite type of hair is hair that can be flipped or hair that's curly or fun hair that you can run your fingers through hair. Awesome Hair

• not too short or long. somewhere in between

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 3

• Most girls these days like medium to long hair I've noticed, but honestly, I would recommend medium to short for the simple reason that it's more tidy and you will make a better appearance for job interviews. If a girl can't respect your choice of hair styles, then she can get the f*** out!

• my brother of humanity,i am proud that You have chosen to become the lion.Rawr!

• im a guy and planning to grow my hair long