Would you want to match your significant other?

I have been with my guy for 1.5 years now, and I feel we should sort of dress similar.

Like I want both of us to wear a watch(He doesn't like wearing watches, and always look at his cell phone for the time).

I want us to both wear gray sweatshirts, and for us to wear no hole jeans and also chuck taylors.

He wears pumas and I tried wearing pumas but I don't like them. And he wears no hole jeans which I think looks trashy. He has agreed to try to wear more matchy clothes/stuff...

just wondering if you guys all out there also try to match or not!

Most Helpful Girl

• wear whatever you want

What Guys Said 3

• I try not 2 match..

• hell no. ill wear what I want. my girl can wear what flatters her

• If my girlfriend wanted to do this I would think it was weird and would say no. I would feel like a whipped sissy and my friends would probably laugh at me. I don't even pay attention to if my own clothes match unless I'm going to a fancy restaurant or a job interview so there is no way in hell I'm matching my girlfriend.

What Girls Said 4

• I know my boyfriend and I match sometimes, mostly because I steal his stuff, hehe, but you can't expect him to just change everything so you guys can match... Also it looks like you'd want him to match you, rather than you matching him. He doesn't wear a watch but you want him to, he wears trashy pants but you don't want him to, he wears Pumas but you want him to wear CTs. Controlling much?

I don't mean to be critical, I love that my boyfriend and I can match as well, but we do it in a mutual way and just let it happen. If you make it an obligation he most likely will resent you for it.

• Uhm not a guy, but I think a guy would find it kinda of gay to match his clothing with his significant other, I actually don't understand why you want to dress the same... it kinda seems like you're trying too hard doesn't it? It's better just to be original and people will see a cooler, deep connection between you to

• That's cute, but it will be hard on you if you break up. Everyone will still think you are together.

I don't have anyone to match with at the moment.

• I know right? I don't think we will ever break up. Anyways, he doesn't mind wearing clothes that are more matching to how I wear so it's fine.

• LOL I would feel like a total douche if we dressed alike..