How important is good looks?

If a woman is very attractive like a 9 does she have to worry about the fact she has some Issues or is it OK.?

Most Helpful Girl

• If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

What Guys Said 12

• Good looks are important to me in this way: it's the first element in attraction - if she is good looking then I will want to find out if she is a beautiful person. If she's not attractive, I won't probably look. It's not one or the other, I'm looking for a beautiful person internally, but she has to be good looking to me.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being a recovering alcoholic. Actually, I thikn that is a beautiful thing. Just remember, what is driving the alcoholism is emotional issues, that we try to cover up or temporarily sedate with alcohol. I know, my Dad has had a problem with alcohol and still does, and he has admitted to me several times when he's called me drunk - "it's not the alcohol, it's the emotional stuff underneath".

I am sure you are a beautiful woman physically and also on the inside. All men care about looks, but you need to look for a supportive man that cares not solely about your looks, but is interested in the whole package. So this issue can actually help identify a true man who will support you and who cares about you, not only your looks. If you are a beautiful person inside then you will be able to attract a beautiful man inside. If you not, you can change what you don't like about yourself :)

I hate girls who appear "balanced". They seem pretentious/ arrogant (although I think they have deeper problems that are hiding under their propped up polished self-identity). They are missing that something inside. That softer element... Why?

Suffering creates humility.

Remember that. And through suffering comes growth, where we can purge what is covering our true self esteem.

• She could easily find some idiot to take her without her dealing with these issues, but I wouldn't fall for it. If you think you can coast by on your looks...then I'll just let you coast on by :)

• if guy thinks a 9 out of 10 then generally at least from what I've seen yes, you get a free pass but also depends on wheather or not the guy thinks your out of his league, if he thinks he's a 4 then its going to be way different then a guy who thinks he's a 8. even I personaly would probably go out with a 9 just for sex and then leave her, I wouldn't do that but if she's that ridiculously hot exceptions can be made

• Everybody has issues, so I don't care if a hot woman has issues. She just better no be a drug addict or an alcoholic and doesn't have a serious criminal record.

• What is so wrong with being a recovered alcoholic? why do you think that is so terrible? because that is the Issue!

• I'm not sure if I could deal with a recovering alcoholic. I'd have a hard time trusting her and I would think that the woman wouldn't live as long as a woman who wasn't an alcoholic. I also think that any woman who is a recovering alcoholic either suffered from depression(which is something I could deal with) or used to be a whore which is something I'm not okay with at all.

• its perfectly fine and that's the truth...people will probably lie and say "it doesn't matter how pretty your are" well let me tell you honestly yes it f***ing does...im the biggest dueche/prick and I still have friends mhmmmm I wonder why

ill let you do the math

• F**k the issues..good looks rocks.

• Depends on the issues, but no she doesn't have to worry as much about getting together with a guy, it's about keeping him that the stretch of time that her "issues" will start as small problems that grow into big problems.

• No she doesn't because men mainly select women based on their looks(harsh, but true reality) and women mainly select men based on their personality.

• Yea,that's a lie.We don't like ugly.Sorry,ugly won't do,even if he has a bomb ass personality

• Okay hater I just uploaded a photo, the smile is for you :)

• I agree with him looks aren't everything to women. well... most women*

• rather have an 7 or 8 w/o issues..

• Depends if her issues will f*** me up. If not and I'm attracted to her then it's ok.

• Issues? Ha! everybody has issues your fine. :)

• If she wants a shallow guy, she's fine. He won't care about much else.

If she doesn't want a shallow guy, then she should find someone that cares about her for her; she'll be fine then.

In other words, it depends on the guy.

What Girls Said 4

• Men are all different so therefore you will get different answers. My opinion is that if a guy is looking for a fling or ONS then no personality or issues won't matter, mainly because they probably won't be sticking around long enough to get to know you. However, when talking in terms of a long term commitment or even marriage there needs to be some deeper connection or compatibility besides looks. Not many people are going to stay with someone they can't stand just because they are pretty. Would you stay with a guy you could not stand just because he is handsome (and I mean for years)? Then you have to look at the fact that whether people want to admit it, we all grow old and our looks fade. Look there are a lot of people in the world who are obsessed with looks, and then there are people who want more. I firmly believe that having a successful, loving relationship takes more than just being a pretty face. Looks might get the guy in the door, but I think it takes more than just looks to keep a man, happy and faithful.

• Good looks soon takes second place to personality in a relationship

• Guys don't care about personality...so if you're a 9 then your issues do not matter.You can be a mean, bitchy or psycho as you want and still get away with it

• eh, if a guy is looking for a short term thing ya.

long term wise: f*** that haha, hit it and quit it.

• just dance has got the right idea

• what are you issues?