Why do guys hate Uggs?

I wear uggs a lot, not because I think they look good, but because its super cold here and they're really comfy. I understand they don't look good but I don't think they look that bad either. Why do guys hate them so much?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care what you wear on your feet in the winter. Where I live there is so much snow the piles on the side of the roads are almost as tall as I am. Style doesn't matter that much when you need to stay warm. Living somewhere with winter just makes the summer all that much better and appreciated.

• I just looked up what you're talking about and they don't look bad at all, and some looked good.

What Guys Said 8

• Some Uggs are really Uggly. (Haha, sorry had to crack a joke.)

But they are cozy looking and there's some that are really cute on a girl :) I actually bought some for my girl for Christmas cause she's been wanting some. Depends on the style. But hey, wear them for you, not for us :P

• Well call me weird, but I think they are cute lol.

• simple reason. besides the fact that theyre ugly, PRACTICALLY EVERY GIRL WEARS THEM! it has become so bad, that when I see a chick with nice boots that arents uggs, it raises her appeal a bit. lol.

and they look so weird come on... we are not eskimos...

• Am not among the guys that hate it..

• Hahaha, I actually love them because I don't like them so much. They actually make me happy, now. Hahaha. Its gone full circle. Awesome.

• They're super ugly and a rip off. Sneakers, skate shoes, converse, flats, etc. are a million times better. I hate all boots.

• did you know ugg comes from the word ugly?

• dont listen to the haters, me and all my friends think theyre really cute on a girl

What Girls Said 3

• They're not cute and a lot of girls wear them.

It's enough to annoy anyone.

Anyways Uggs were actually made for people that went to the beach a lot and wanted to wear shoes when they first got out of the water from surfing and didn't want to get too much sand on their feet and wanted them to stay a little on the warm side. Then for some reason girls wear them in the winter...when they're not even weather resistant. So then Uggs actually started advertising their boots as if they could possibly be decent in the winter.

So overall theyre not cute, makes you look like a follower because everyone else wears them, and it's not even a smart buy if you're not a surfer.

The only people that tend to like Uggs are other people wearing them.

• Wow I never knew that. But that all does make sense.

• what you said about people only wearing them to be followers is not completely true because I wear Uggs because I used to have to wait for a bus in the winter to get to school and my feet would go numb and I would cry and go home missing school because my feet hurt sssoo bad. they aren't snow and rain resistant but for regular freezing temperatures they are life savers ..Now they even have the weather resistant ones so go Ugg Australia

• So...why didn't you get weather resistant boots that are warm also? They exist and have for many years before Uggs. I had to wait in the bus for winter in freezing temperatures too and I had adequate boots. So your point? The do have weather resistant ones but those aren't the ones people are commonly wearing. We all know which Uggs people are talking about in this discussion. The "Classic" ones or whatever they're called. Those aren't weather resistant.

• I honestly don't care what guys think about them. They keep my feet warm in the winter and where I live there is a ton of snow! So wearing sneakers or whatever would not be fun when I have to walk in huge piles of snow.

• I have short, classic purple UGGs and navy cardigan UGGs. I wear them with skinny jeans. I think they're stylish and they keep my feet warm. When there's snow/ice however, I wear my proper ugly ass snowboots. I don't understand why guys don't like them. Maybe because chicks try to wear just leggings and UGGs...so nasty.