I guess I'm not dressing sexy enough?

I have always been a casual dresser (cute shirt and jeans kinda girl) but the other day a friend of mine suggested I start wearing skirts and dressing sexier, so that I can impress people when I go out. Do people really judge based on how sexy you dress? It sounds kind of weird to me. I'm confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't feel comfortable wearing sexy clothes, then don't do it just because you think people will be impressed by this. I think you look very beautiful as you are, so don't change the way you are to adjust to the people around you. You won't look sexy in something you aren't comfortable in, so stay the way you are and wear shirts/jeans. I think you are doing a nice job ^^

What Guys Said 5

• There will always be people who do judge based on that, both guys and girls. You need to dress the way YOU feel comfortable because as far as guys are concerned, any guy who is inclined to like you will notice you regardless of how you dress, so it's important to dress in a way that says who YOU are so as to give the right first impression.

• I think it depends on the occasion, or environment. Dressing sexier could bring the wrong attention to yourself; however, if you do crave for the attention, then dressing sexier will get you that. I've gone out with female friend that dress 'sexy' when they go to the clubs and they do it cause they say they love the attention; my other friend dresses very sexy, and she is always wondering how come guys just want to get laid with her and none want a relationship! Duhh!

Now, what people do you have to impress? And what type of friends do you have? :)

• Well my friend is a one of those girls that you talk about that dresses sexy all the time! LOL. And I think she just wishes I would try to try a little harder. I guess that was her way of trying to help me out but I'm happy the way I am :)

• But what is dressing sexy gonna get you that is not getting you now? If you're happy with yourself, that's all that matters! :)

• If that's your real picture, you can dress however the hell you want. You're sexy already.

I like girls in skirts, but not all the time. Then it loses its touch. And even though skirts and stuff show off the legs, jeans show more with the outline of the hips and ass. So personally I think jeans are actually sexier.

Don't get me wrong, I love skirts and legs, I'm a lower body man after all, but jeans are just as good.

• Well they say first impressions are important. I personally like the casual look, but I do believe that they way you dress says something to people that do not know you. If you dress professionally at work, there is a better chance you will be taken seriously. If you dress a little sexier when you go out, there is a better chance guys will hit on you (casual sometimes says don't approach me I already have a bf). So I think it depends on who you are trying to impress, or if you really care to impress them. All depends on what you want to say without saying anything.

• not sexy. I think what he meant was that some places you need to dress up to fit in the crowd. I don't know about him though because if you are comfortable with your way of dressing I think do what you want and let yourself be happy with how you want to dress. I don't think you need to change for what other people want you to be, instead do what you think is right and what makes you happy.

What Girls Said 2

• Clothes make you as a person and by dressing in clothes that make you feel uncomfortable may hinder who you are. If you want to dress a little sexier do it but not because your friend told you to do it because it makes you feel good. Sometimes dressing sexy does attract the wrong kind of attention. I feel sexy in my own skin and the only time I look over the top is when I compete in ballroom dance, but that is what is expected in that situation.

• Personally I'm a jeans and cute shirt kinda girl too so I'm a little biased. Skirts are good to, I love them, but feeling that you have to dress sexier to impress others is no good. What you wear does say a lot about you and I don't think you want to give off the wrong impression. Anyways, jeans and a nice blouse can be sexy too. It all depends how you put it together.