What's with those sunglasses that girls wear?

I swear, half the girls I see on the street wear these lame ass dorky retarded tacky dark sunglasses, as if it makes them look cool or like a movie star or something. Don't they realize they look like idiots with those glasses, I mean why wear them when its cloudy outside?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because they are insecure of the way they look.

What Girls Said 9

• As opposed to what, light sunglasses? I wear sunglasses basically whenever its sunny out, which I don't think is unreasonable. And in general sunglasses look good. (I don't like the really big ones though - I wear Ray-Bans, haha) I know a lot of girls wear them if they're in a hurry and don't gave time to do their makeup, etc. Also, they're good for hangovers.

• Yes, light sunglasses = see your eyes through them, dark sunglasses = very hard to see your eyes through them. Also, who cares what you like?

• Thank you, finally someone that agrees with what I'm saying.

• Isn't there a lot of UV rays still lurking around when its cloudy outside too? I'm pretty sure girls can wear sunglasses for a fashion accessory and also for the protection of their eyes. And when they are paying $500+ for a pair of 'dorky retarded tacky dark sunglasses' why can't they wear it every where? They need to put their money to worth somehow.

I only wear sunglasses when I drive and its retarded for me to squint down the road. But seriously $550 I'm trying to wear it around as much as possible!

• I wear them because I have very sensitive eyes. Unless there is one hell of a storm rolling in and it gets really dark, even an overcast day makes my eyes hurt after too long. Even bright indoor lights will do this to me. I agree that it is annoying though when I'm walking around in light where even I don't need glasses to see some girl in massive dark shades.

• Wow, talk about trying hard to come up with an obviously bullsh!t excuse. Just admit you wear them to secretly spy on guys and feed your delusional dream of becoming Angelina Jolie.

• Because of course I want to be objectified as someone that ever guy in the planet wants to sleep with. Yupp my big dream. And to spy on guys? I don't need sunglasses for that.

• HAHA oh my God, dude! You are crazy! Sunglasses don't make girls think that they are Angelina Jolie and we don't wear them to check out guys. If I'm going to check a guy out, I'll do it with or without sunglasses. I don't need anything to hide behind.

• My girlfriends where them all of the time. I know I wear the big ones during the summer because I am very cautious of taking care of my skin.

But I really don't know.My mom is always like why do "looloo" and "bobo"(not their real names) always wear those sunglasses,they look like bug eyes...idk.They like them.They don't wear them for guys or anyone else but themselves,so they don't have to explain anything to you or anybody else

• You go girl, show them what you got. *Sarcasm x 1500 ^ 2*

• some girls try to look high fashion or stylish or w/e but it just looks dumb in my opinion :)

• can you post a link of the glasses you mean? because there is a lot of sunglasses :P and sometimes its really glary even tho its cloudy?

• in my world, sunglasses on a cloudy day and water bottles means HANGOVER :)

• It's a trend. And we're all just sheep for the most part.

• Holy sh!t you got a lot of XPER points.

• Yeah because she doesn't say bad stuff about her own sex, just about guys. So of course you would be less offended than us.

• That's true.

• lol I agree. I have no idea why anywhere sunglasses when there's no sun

What Guys Said 1

• I disagree with you. The main reason they wear them, like all people is because they look good on them. Sunglasses are an accessory, something you plan on wearing. I do the same thing with my sunglasses. I have dark, reflective aviators and I even wear them at night when I'm going out. I think it's swag, and I wouldn't continue to do so unless I didn't get complimented. That's not the case so I will continue to wear my aviators at night proudly.