Why do women not see men when they are shopping?

Ok I am at this clothing store and I just bought a brand new shirt. I have it on the counter and the lady hasn't even rang me in yet. The lady behind me starts putting all her clothes on top of my shirt like I'm not even there. Of course my shirt gets wrinkled but I had to pull it to the side to get it out from under the heap. There was only 1 cashear. I was gona say something but then I thought maybe women arnt used to seeing men shop. So because they are not used to us being there they take priority. Is this so? Is it because men don't shop as much that we don't realy matter to you when you are shopping

Most Helpful Guy

• YOU ARE IN THEIR DOMAIN! GET OUT! Of course women don't see men when they shop! all they see is other women! and SALE signs! They criticize the woman who look good. And they have pity on the ones that need a little help! If they see a girl that is just slightly over weight (and by over weight I mean ANY CHICK THAT IS EVEN 1LB OVER THEIR WEIGHT)

they say, "She should NOT be wearing that!" then they throw their hand up and roll their eyes! Any friends around? They will nod and agree even though they are thinking "What a bitch" about their so-called "friend"

Do they see you? NO, THEY DON'T SEE YOU! That woman owns the freakin' store! she could careless that you are on line! And if she does see you she's probably thinking "I need to get Harry (her husband) off his ass and return all my clothes that I buy" Those clothes she is buying. SHE DIDN'T TRY THEM ON! WHY? BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BE SEEN IN THEM IN PUBLIC UNLESS THEY LOOK GOOD. That is why woman buy so many clothes! they think they HOPE they will fit correctly! And if they don't fit correctly they try to get their boyfriend/husband to take them back for them! why? because they don't want to be seen returning clothes, just buying! it's all an illusion! Shopping is a psychotic female ritual to make themselves look good in front of other women!

DON'T GO TO THE MALL! DON'T GO TO THE DEPARTMENT STORE! DON'T GO TO THE FLEA MARKET! DUDE. DON'T EVEN GO TO THE GARAGE SALE DOWN THE STREET!

Stay inside, lock all doors and windows, and do what makes you happy!

What Girls Said 5

• Dude. no way, that biznitch was just a rude hoe. next time, if a girl (or whoever else) puts their shit on top of your stuff KNOWING that you haven't even checked out yet, say something! You can be like ''wooah, you're smashin' my stuff'' and pull it out from underneath. if they don't apologize, don't even worry about it, karma will bite them in the ass. if you don't feel like depending on "karma", you can KIND of be a [justified] a-hole and take reeally long finding your credit card. then change your mind and say you wanna pay in cash.

• I don't really shop that much, but when I do, I don't really notice anyone (M&F), period. I'm too focused on getting what I need, and leaving. Then at the counter, I notice the people waiting because I choose the cashier with the shortest line. I pay, and then rush out the door. :)

But to answer your question, I do think that women notice, because they seem to notice everyone and everything at a mall. Because I've heard my female friends talk about who they saw, at what mall, and what that person was wearing, who that person was with, what they were buying-- etc. Its weird.

• I've done the whole retail job thing. I've had guys come in looking for something "the match these shoes and this shirt". I've had guys come up to the till and say "Will this look good together?". You name it, I've heard it. Personally, I'd rather help the men that go shopping on their own, because they look to the women working in the store for advice on which shade of tan/beige looks good with their brown shoes. Not all female cashiers are like this, and neither are all female shoppers. I know that when I get to a till after someone else, I will patiently wait in line until that person is done. I will also look behind me to see if anyone has fewer items than I do (you know, 1 or 2 things compared to my arm load) and I will let that person go ahead of me. If I have a big pile of things to purchase, I will ask if it's ok that I put my stuff on the counter so I don't drop it, but I will still wait until whoever got their first to pay for their items.

• Not at all. I know plenty of men that shop. I don't know what happened there but next time politely say I'm sorry I was here first.

• I don't know what her deal is. If you were in front of her then so be it. I don't think she should have assumed anything! Maybe some women are sooo into shopping that they could care less if it's a girl or guy in front of them. I've had other women cut in front of me because I don't know why! Maybe it's just those types and they don't see anyone haha. It's just them and their clothes.

What Guys Said 6

• Means you're not assertive enough, and thus, you're invisible to women. Or she could have been from France. You kind of get run over there cause frenchies are so polite! :D

• Who gives a shit?

it happens to everyone male or female.

• Well, when the cashier saw the amount of money that the lady was about to give to the store I'm sure she just brushed you away, right? There's not really much that you can do unless you tell the lady something, but she would have probably given you some b.s. reply like, "Oh, I was actually here already, but I had to ask my husband for his credit card."(Upon reading the last sentence I realize that some might be offended so. I don't mean to insult ANYONE.) Anyways, I'd say to just let it go; it might happen again, it might not, but it certainly isn't worth being bothered over.

• Poor guy your shirt got wrinkled? I've never bought a new shirt that I haven not had to iron, wash or taken to the dry cleaners to be starched & pressed.

• that was just rude.

• Shoulda backhanded and claim dominance.