Makeup Advice Please?

I have really bad skin. I have tried many different acne products and have been to a dermatologist but nothing has cleared it up. I have tried wearing foundation in the past but it has not worked out well. Even if my skin does not seem dry, once I put foundation on it becomes flakey and just looks bad. So I end up looking like I have dry, acne prone skin with foundation on; definitely not the look I am going for! I have tried mixing the foundation with a little bit of moisturizer but that does not help.

What do you guys recommend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Use Vanicream to get rid of your flaky skin. You can buy a 1 pound tub at Walmart for super cheap. I have a problem with dry skin during winter and my foundation gets flaky so this definitely prevents that. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• to clear up your acne, use any face wash that has benzoyl peroxide. Most acne products you buy in the store are going to have salycylic acid which can dry out your skin... so can the peroxide but it's less harsh so read the ingredients on your face wash... Clean and clear makes a really good one. For the dryness in your skin, use 2 types of moisturizer. One during the day that has at least SPF 15 in it, for the sun is the number one thing that damages skin and causes aging, one at night with a lot of moisture I would recommend anything by Olay if you have really dry skin... I have really dry skin, but certain parts are also really oily so I switched and now I use neutrogena nightly renewal or something like that... And for the make up, I don't know where you're from but if you have ever heard of Faces cosmetics they're wonderful! A little pricey but one bottle of foundation lasts me for months at a time so it's definitely worth it. They have stuff for all skin types and the coverage is very smooth.

• So,first off,we need to start with your skincare regimen.

1)Cleanse-Your cleanser should be gentle,yet fit your skin type.If you suffer from oily skin or whiteheads/blackheads or cysts,use a cleanser with Salicylic Acid,but if you have pimples use a cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide.

2)Toner-Your toner should ALWAYS be alcohol free,regardless of your skin type or skin concern.Witch hazel is great for those with acne and/or oily skin.You don't have to apply it to the whole face just the affected area.

3)Moisturizer-Yes,even if you have acne,you NEED to moisturize your skin to keep it balanced.Drying it out will only cause more acne.

4)Treatment-Use a topical treatment preferably at night,so if your skin gets irritated it can heal as you sleep.Again,if you have blemishes or blackheads,you'll benefit from Salicylic Acid,but any other type of acne Benzoyl Peroxide.

You HAVETO HAVETO HAVETO have a good skincare routine.Your skin is the canvas,so it HAS TO have a fresh start.

The first step when applying make-up to acne prone skin,is obviously to cleanse your skin.Then moisturize.Moisturizing is a big step.Very important.

Next step.Since you bring up that your foundation is not going on flawlessly,you may need to prime.MAC and Urban Decay have very good primers that last for like ever.Seriously,it takes them a long time to run out.

link

link

Next step would be to conceal.contrary to believe,you SHOULD conceal before applying foundation.It looks really tacky if you have concealer marks over your foundation.Use a concealer that caters to your skin needs(blemishes,redness etc).Although if you are using a green concealer,you can use it both before or after.It won't show since all it does it cancel out redness.

Next step,apply a foundation that fits your skin type and skin tone/color.Make sure it matches.Use a sponge or foundation brush to apply it because with hands you'll only spread bacteria and germs.

My recommendations for foundation are Revlon ColorStay or L'Oreal Color Match.When I had acne I relied on Revlon colorstay and my friend who has acne relies on it.It's buildable,and doesn't break you out,plus there's 2 versions,one for oily/combination skin and one for dry/normal skin.I recommend it,but if you like what you already have then so be it.

Then set it with a translucent powder or color powder.I prefer translucent rice powder because it's natural and light and doesn't cake on.

If you do not like foundation,you could try a tint,although a tint may be too light and will not cover well.Laura Mercier also has great foundations and tints,many people with trouble skin use it.

Here's a tutorial for foundation by MichellePhan

link

• Skin ID for acne is really great, and maybe try liquid foundation? Also, use a wedge sponge to put it on, but change the sponge once a week or so. This way, you don't use the same sponge spreading bacteria all over your face, causing acne.

• Get a good foundation (like Revlon Colorstay) and apply it with a Mac 187. You will literally get flawless coverage.

• I use neutrogena face pads and oil absorbing sheets. Those twice a day work wonderS

• Use zarotex and fucicort before you sleep it will make your acne dry.. In 1 month your face will be clear if you use it daily. Hope I helped!

• I love proactive. That might help. Good luck. XOXOXOXO ColoradoGirl9

• try this.

link