Should I keep dressing the way I am or change?

Alot of the people at my school dress with sweatpants every day , ugly shredded jeans ( horrible , not fashionable ) and the others dres in the tighest aeropostale clothes they can find. I'm not a tiny girl but I'm not fat either. I have a larger chest. I wear things like skinny jeans , flats and a flowy top and get horrible looks.Like I'm a tottal preppy girl.Im not , I just dress classier . And the other problem is my hair . Its a little past my shoulders , light brown with blond higlights and straight. I try to put in a pretty headband , and again am seen as weird. My best friend won't even support me.What do I do. Fit in with everyone else or keep doing what I'm doing?!?!?!?

Most Helpful Guy

• By flowy, do you mean like a baby doll top, or one that's more loosely draped around you & not as fitted? Either can be cute, particularly with the way you describe your figure... If anything, sometimes a little looser & flowy is even cuter because it's more subtle. Besides, some girls larger up top aren't comfterable wearing something SKIN TIGHT, & one girl I know wanted to fit in & tried it by tucking her shirt in tightly, (she had no tight shirts) to see if she'd like it. She had guys STARING in a not so polite or subtle way till she tucked it back out, so I sympathize... Anyway, I changed in High School (all boy) because I was a metal head & 99% of the school was preppy so I was being bullied! While I was changed, I HATED IT! I felt like I was in costume almost.. As soon as I was gone from that enviroment, I went back to my jeans & metal tee shirts. Don't change... You'll be happier, & I bet you look pretty...

• By the way, I read your Q again & headbands are REALLY CUTE, as well as berrettes, or any kind of hair accessories.. Also, it sounds like, instead of a grunge luck, You like clothes that are just bit nicer/dressier casual, like if a guy wears a nice button down instead of a rock Tee shirt... I think that's a cute, classy & feminine look, and shows you care about how you look & dress, which is even more of a turn on... Definitely stay YOU! It's THEIR loss 4 not knowing cute wen they see it!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 11

• Don't change yourself to fit in with other people. You are your own person, and if you want to look nicer and classier, then go for it. Honestly, who cares what they think? People will appreciate and think you look much more put together in time, if they don't already. And quite frankly, those people who give you looks are probably jealous that you actually take the time to look nice.

• Dont change the way you dress just because some people might not like it. I'm sure there are tons of people who think you dress great. I use to get stares to because people went to school and dressed like slobs and they would look at me odd. I know its not because I dressed weird because I know I looked fine its because they are jealous. People should be able to dress the way they want, if you changed your style to fit others you will look just like them and it wouldn't make up look any different, just a copy cat. but seriously only change it because you want to not because you feel that others don't like your style. and if they keep giving you dirty looks give them one back

• Be yourself! It's OK to dress differently (which you do not seem to be, I know lots of people who dress similar to the way you have described) Classy is a good way to dress.

• In the end it's your comfort and satisfaction that will make you happy so dress exactly how you wish to.

• Don't ever change yourself for someone else, sooner or later these people will find something else about you they don't like and you'll feel the need to change that too. If they want to dress like slobs so be it, doesn't mean you should either. keep your head up and tell everyone else to screw off. If their not gonna like you for who you are now chances are they will never like you even if you do change.

• Be yourself! why do you want to fit with everyone else? I think you dress good and you shouldn't care about what other people think! :D

• Ive been where your at. Lol && trust me when I say you will feel wayyyyyyyyy better dressing in what makes you feel comfortable. I didn't realize this til senior year but I'm giving you the secret now. LOL be yourself always, at all times :)

• Be yourself. OK a lot of people have been saying that but it seems like your look is a lot classier and cuter than the other girls at you school. I dress like that too, so it's unfortunate that you get dirty looks from. Flaunt your style girl!

• Definitely dress in the way that makes you feel comforable.

• wear what you want

• If you like your style, keep it how it is. It sounds nice as is anyway. :) Don't be like everyone else when it comes to fashion.