Girls: do you like getting compliments from girls more or guys

if you dress for other women, you obviously like getting compliments from women, more than men, right?

so why do you say we "dress for women", when really you're dressing for men?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oooo...the best qustion of the week right here. I do wonder how this is going to go because in my pretty days I'd compliment women gracefully and with wolf calls, either way they didn't take well to it. Maybe it's because we're living in the post-feminist age and such things are considered unmanly. Also, a compliment is taken by a women as a kind way of saying, "Hey, baby, you wanna fork?"

What Girls Said 9

• I guess it just depends on the complement. I do find that women often have more original things to say about what I'm wearing, but that's probably just cause we shop for the same things. Though, I would have to say that if a hot guy came up to me and complemented me on something I would definitely like it more than anything said by a girl : )

• so women are shallow?

• Haha no it's just that if a woman's attracted to a guy it'll obviously please her if he likes something about her. You can't tell me you'd rather be complemented by someone who's unattractive rather than attractive. But this all is just about clothes, so it's all shallow cause there's nothing deep about saying "That shirt looks really good on you." Honestly the best complements and the ones I appreciate most are personal ones about character and conduct.

• i like getting compliments from attractive AND unattractive girls. ego boost

• It really depends. If I'm walking through the mall and a random girl stops me and says "I love your shoes/shirt/hair/ect." then I'll feel invincible but if I get a comment of the same nature from one of my guy friends I feel the same. But I guess if a random guy in the mall stopped me then I'd feel invincible for weeks. Depends on how well I know them I guess.

• i think it depends, like I like it when guys go it more, but if there was a hot girl complimenting me, than yeah than that is when ii would consider both.

• we dress to look good, and we want to look good so guys will notice us, so obviously we like it better when guys compliment us. we so don't 'dress for women' that's bull

• i will challenge you on that in which I think, to a point, some women will dress classy/sexy to "compete" with other women, not to impress men, but to tell them in a way that "Hey, I look better than you now. See?"

• i think its more does he think I look as good as her or better, instead of wanting to be better then others you just want to be best in someones eyes so your still dressing for men and if you are comepting with other girls its so your liked better by guys then they are so its still dressing for men

• honestly I dress for no one! I rather be independent, so that when a guy/girl (I'm bi) complement me I know it's for real, instead of just to make a man feel pleased, also if a guy really likes me does it matter what style I have ?

• I like to dress up for myself. It makes me feel confident. I prefer getting compliments from guys because that really brings up my confidence level lol

• you dress up for yourself to match the expectations of the social/economic setting? Or lets say you're all alone on a deserted island...would you still "dress up"?

• I dress up to feel confident around other people. I don't care about expectations. When I'm confident it puts me in a good mood and that makes people want to hang around you.

• u didn't answer the ?

• i like getting compliments from guys

• guys definitely. they're who I dress up for and who I want to attract

• guys obvioulsy!

but lesbians would like girl compliments more

What Guys Said 1

• The lesbians want compliments from women, but most women are bisexual so yes.