Is beauty truly in the eye of the beholder?

How many of you have dated someone who would be considered not as good-looking... but really, is beauty, looks, all that matters? Or is it something more when it comes to dating and mating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always look for a guy that understands me on a deeper level and someone I can be myself around. I have dated guys other people say are not hot but they're perfect to me because I am in love with who they are inside. look for someone who cares about YOU!

What Girls Said 4

• Of course there is more to dating someone just for the way they look. My whole family tells me I'm too pretty for my boyfriend but to me I think he's the sexiest person I've ever laid eyes on and I think a lot of the attraction that holds us together so close is the fact that we get along very well and we are very comfortable together and we trust each other. When were in a room with a bunch of people they always compliment on our relationship and tell us they wish they could find what we have, and all that mushy stuff. Although I know that perhaps I could be with a different guy who has better looks, I'd rather not because I'm more happy than I've ever been, and I'm still very territorial with him, as I would with any other guy.

• No it is not all that matters. I have dated guys who can be considered as ugly, but looked very handsome to me. It is in the eye of the beholder. When you really like someone looks doesn't matter. It shouldn't really matter to begin with, but media plays it off as if it should.

• Yes, it is.

There's a general idea of what we believe is beautiful, but you have to admit, everyone looks for a certain something when looking for a significant other.

Everyone is different and everyone is imperfect, but once you find "The One," they become perfect in your eyes even if you are aware of their own imperfections.

• no one is going to appeal to everyone

What Guys Said 1

• i definitely think that people have "types" and there's certain girls who I know are objectively pretty but I'm not interested in and others who look more unusual who I find myself more attracted to. I think people just need to find that right match who *they* find attractive. so yes, I believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder