Do you have to Believe in God to Believe in the Devil?

So I'm having a hard time believing in God, but I belive in the Devil 100% but I don't worship him I just belive in him. Is this wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, 'The Devil' is the antitheses to Jehovah. So you kinda have to at least believe in a creature or ideal in existence that would be necissary for the Devil to exist. I mean its popularly believed that the Devil comes from human minds, not from spiritual means. I dunno. But the likes of ancient Satanism existed before the days of Christianity, when Satan was first applied to The Devil, you know?

Anyway, what do you believe, exactly? Do you believe in any of the Devils buddies, aswell? Like, y'know. I don't know their names, there were 7 of them, sat on pillars or something.

• I just belive that you could be possesd by him and he could take over your life... He seems more real than god. Have you ever heard of god taking your soul and playing with it. I don't know I'm kinda confused by it all.

• Playing with your soul? What do you mean?

• Have you ever seen the Exorsist or read stories?

What Guys Said 7

• If you believe in Christian mythology lucifer (the devil) was originally an angel but was cast down to hell by "God" for, I think, rebelling against gods rule of heaven. Then yes, you must believe In one to credit the other.

Here's the easy solution. Don't believe in either.

• If you believe in the devil. Then that is a good thing because if there is a devil there is a God. Its a struggle to find good in the world I agree. The devil has to force himself on people and God doesn't have to try that hard because being a decent person is much easier. Just believe. That's what I think. However I still struggle from time to time. Best times in my life is when I had faith. Worsts times have been when I try to be a rebel like I don't need it anymore.

• I don't think so. I DO think that you have to believe in Christianity or something similar though. Lucifer, Satan, the Anti-Christ, etc. is a creation of Christianity.

"The word "satan" in the Bible is not regarded as referring to a supernatural, personal being but to any 'adversary' and figuratively refers to human sin and temptation."-- link

^^Similar to how the idea of a god wasn't originally a personification of a supernatural existence.

"Is man God's biggest mistake? Or is God man's biggest mistake?"

• sounds OK to me

• Its all Bulls**t. All religion is.

• You don't have to, but I think it would make a bit more sense.

• But if you think about it, isn''t there more Evil than there is good in the world?

• The Bible

• The bible can eat my sh*t. The belief in a deity is not something exclusive to Christianity.

• i believe that there is a God 100% as I believe there is a Devil 100%

What Girls Said 3

• i believe religion is a personal choice and that people should believe whatever they want to that makes the most sense to them. and that doesn't have to be the popular belief

• Listen, believe whatever you want how ever you want, but just take some advice.

You're young, don't let beliefs or biases consume you. Think of it this way, what you believe in today you might not believe in tomorrow, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And I say this because you're young, make sure you aren't trying to believe in something because you're trying to fit in a certain crowd, style, etc.

• i've never talked to anyone about this, I just can't seem to come to the conclusion that god created it all. it doesn't make sence the bible just doesn't seem real I've read it like 3 times it beats me up :(

• A lot of what's in it can only be fully understood with age, I suppose. Do some more reading on your view, maybe you'll find something on google!

• You're perfectly entitled to your own beliefs. But with anything, someone is always going to disagree.