Girls, would you date a guy that has views you strongly disagree with if he's really attractive?

Just wondering because there's this guy friend I have that I completely disagree with when it comes to politics and religion, but I do like him and find him attractive. Haha, as long as we just agree to disagree we're usually fine, but still, sometimes I feel like he's really not as open-minded as I am about things, and that bothers me.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? Would that bother you or would you look past it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what the differing views are. If it was a political issue, I'd try to make the relationship work and I think it would have a chance. If it's a long-term issue, like the way he would raise our family treat people in general, then no, no amount of attraction is worth it. I couldn't be with a rude guy even if he was hot. As long as you two can reach a mutual understanding that you have different opinions and, most importantly, that you can fully respect each other, you have a shot.

What Guys Said 2

• Politics and religion aren't everything. My parents are polar opposites on those issues and they have been together for 31 years.

• That's great! Guess I'll just have to see if I'm fine with it, thanks for the response : )

• Just don't talk about politics ever. Make that a rule lol.

What Girls Said 3

• No I absolutely hate closed-minded people. It's an instant turn-off.

Agreeing to disagree isn't solving a problem it's just dusting it under the rug momentarily until it comes back up again..

• the last thing I look for in a guy is if he's "really attractive". as long as he doesn't look like a creeper or shorter than me (im 5'3) then it doesn't matter what he looks like as long as we have good chemistry.

• Got it, well what I mostly meant was that even if you had good chemistry an liked each other, would you still date him if his political and religious views were vastly different from yours? I mean, this guy's my friend and it's fun being with him, but anytime we touch on one of those two topics we can never agree and so we usually just end the conversation and move on.

• Sometimes it gets hard to do that, but I see where you're coming from, thanks : )

• yes as a matter of fact my boy friend is rather stubborn, however we generally have the same views on things. if we disagree ill just let him win the argument (or let him think he did) and we just move on. we both just kind of let it roll off our backs and move on to something that matters. I will agree though, it is very nice that (I think) he is extremely attractive...most others find him ok...i don't c:

• Yeah, I find myself letting things go as well, I just don't like arguing when neither of us are going to change our views anyway. Lol, and I'm sure your guy's cute, besides, as long as you find him attractive, that's all that matters : )

Thanks for your input!