Any suggestions on how to be more photogenic?

okay so I am not a bad looking girl ..but I am extremely unphotogenic...any tips you guys have to look good in pictures? thanks! <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Get someone else to take photos of you. Get the lighting right, either by facing the sun or in a brightly lit room. Also, as far as I know every camera allows you to change the white balance, to get rid of that ugly yellow light from incandescent light bulbs. I also try to stay away from taking photos angled up because that kinda makes you look fat sometimes. Hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 1

• I don't understand -- the picture of you on your profile is just some very informal webcam picture, right? Yet you look great there -- beautiful smile, wonderful eyes... you're very attractive in that photograph. Are you saying that most photos don't capture that beauty?

• well my webcam ones are usually fine..its like group pictures..stuff taken with a digital camera that don't look so great

What Girls Said 3

• I know what you mean!

You could use makeup to contour your face and enhance your features...

Michellephan has a tutorial on school pictures so this should help.

link

She's an artist and makeup artist so she knows a lot about makeup and looking good for the camera

• When you're taking a picture tilt your chin down slightly and make sure you're pushing your shoulders back at the same time. It's also important to be thinking about something that makes you feel happy, bad ass, or sexy depending on what you're going for so that emotion shows through your eyes. Also, practice tilting your head slightly at different angles to see what way makes the light hit your face the best. Make sure you aren't leaning forward when you take a picture either, because it will make it look like you're jumping out of the page. If you're going to smile don't smile super huge because it makes you automatically shut your eyes a little more.

• Experiment with lighting (natural from the sun, lamps) and angles.