Differences in how attraction works for men v women

"Men are attracted more to looks and women are attracted more to personality, style, and communication.

Sure, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are handsome in a way that turns women on, but these guys aren't the RULE, they're the exception.

Men are attracted to hot-looking young women, and women are attracted to a special combination of confidence, humor, and personality".

What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummm...no. Men yes...look for the young and attractive,but it sure doesn't mean you will always get that. Secondly...In my eyes YOU MUST BE A FULL PACKAGE. You've got to be physically attractive,take care of yourself and have personality,humor,confidence etc.Why? Because that's what I AM. I don't feel as though I should settle for anything less than that.

I'm going to say something else...I have seen gorgeous women with mediocre looking men plenty of times and I could almost guarantee in a lot of situations,its because that guy has an amazing job and he can SUPPLY and provide for the lady.Meaning he helps keep her looking good and she lives like a princess with out a care in the world.Im basing this opinion off of attending what feels like hundreds of barmitzvahs/batmitzvahs...this is what I mainly see.

BUT...i think a lot of people end up with someone that "look" like them...meaning everything from body type to the level of how attractive or unattractive they are.

Overall...i disagree.

What Girls Said 5

• No.That's what ugly guys tell themselves."Women are attracted to personality and style" No,don't know who told y'all that lie.We don't like ugly and a bomb ass personality doesn't fix ugly.

• You're so completely wrong. Please study and understand social dynamics before you start talking about a topic in which you have no knowlege of.

• Well you're obviously insecure about the way you look since you don't have any pictures up so I know you're ugly, lol. Either way, I won't reply to any of your answers anymore and don't reply to any of mine. Goodbye.

• Doesn't matter what you think:)

Bye

• depends if he's smart or not

• In my case, I look for humor, If he has a good sense of Humor and is not a complete jerk, awesome, then look and see if he's attractive. Most girls are attracted to guys who make them feel good about themselves.

• yes I do but please don't say that tom cruise is hot:/

• The guy has to be at least average-leaning-toward-good looking. After that, there are certain personality types that I simply can't say no to.

What Guys Said 5

• I think of male and female attraction as opposite but complementary. Kind of like a ying-yang. Male attraction is about 80% physical, 20% emotional. Female attraction is about 80% emotional, 20% physical. That's my hypothesis.

• It's 100% true. The reason why it works out this way is because women select men based on survival values and men select women based on replication values. Survival + Replication = the purpose of human life.

• women are attracted to men who are of very high social status, the kind of life he has

• definitly agree with this, know several guys at my high school who were less than average looking but had sexy girlefriends because they always made people laugh and constantly entertaining, most of them were smart too.

• Women are attracted to the total package. The guy should have confidence, know how to talk, be approachable, dress reasonably well, and be attractive too. She must also be approached at the right time, when she's in the right mood, and in the right environment.

Guys only really need the girl to have average attractiveness and it will usually be enough.