What to talk about with a girl who has a boyfriend?

What should I talk about with a girl who has a boyfriend , who I want to be friends with without chatting her up?

Most Helpful Girl

• 'safe' things. things that aren't personal

School is always good - subjects she's doing, her fav, college

hobbies

the weather (good conversation starter)

brothers/sisters, where they go to school, what they're doing

talk about her boyfriend. try and make it seem you and him could be friends (she won't see you as a threat)

Don't call her or text her too much because that would really show that your interested in something more (once a day is too much)

tip: girls have been fed the idea that a guy never wants to be just friends, that they always want something more from you. So for a little while she may be thinking "Is he trying to hit on me?" (even if you're not)

So you have to make every effort not to seem too keen or overly interested in her. Don't stand too close and I strongly suggest you become friends with her boyfriend to prove to her you want to be their friend and to ward off any arguments that may ensue b/w her and her boyfriend because of you.

What Girls Said 8

• Pretend she has no boyfriend and talk to her as you would :) But of course just no asking her out/coming onto her

It's easier than you think, since a friendship like this has no pressure to be anything more with the boyfriend involved ! Straight up friendships are what I love having when I'm friends with taken guys :) Good luck!

• The things you would talk about with anyone else. Just because she has a boyfriend, doesn't mean you have to talk about different things.

This site might inspire some good conversation: link

• Treat her the same as you treat your guys friends. Don't flirt with her and talk to her about things you would talk to your guy friends about. Just normal stuff, you know? Like sports, movies, school, etc...

• Just be yourself nothing can go wrong with that!

• Just be yourself. Find something that you're both interested in. Every girl needs a guy best friend.

• just ask her how her relationships going.. and if she's into any bands you like.. or sports? or anything that you can relate to would be great.. because you don't want to be too.. talkative otherwise she could take it as you wanna be with her.

• i wouldn't ask how the relationships' going it's too personal and it's like he wants an 'update' on how they're getting along...none of his business

At least I'd feel that way if he asked me

• yeah very true . just thought I'd give my opinions.

• of course. the others are perfect :)

• talk to her as a friend is not like you are doing something wrong just be careful if the boyfriend is the jealous time

• i know this girl who I've been flirting with who has a boyfriend of 8 years now... she emotionally cheats with close guy friends ALL the time. A guy can say/do anything, even get physical if its not too much but you can get away with it easy. girls love the attention, boyfriend or not. if the boyfriend was there tho, he'd put a bullet in my head for just talking to my friend/his girlfriend. I'm flirtatious so it just comes out naturally but its funny how although she's got a boyfriend, isn't ashamed to act that way :/ o well

• yeah I guess so. makes sense. but she always says she loves him or he did something so romantic for her and whatnot... she "loves" him now. last year he totally ignored her and was the opposite of clingy. THIS year, he suddenly became "when are you coming home, I wanna see you." and texts like that. So I guess they are better than ever now... I had the biggest crush on her and well, I never had a chance. I don't think I could be in love with a girl like that though. Emotional cheating is cheating

• well what a girl...(biopolar much ?) >:-(

• the same way you would talk to a guy friend

What Guys Said 7

• If you just want to be friends than just act the fool. Being goofy works like a charm. I suspect you're trying to be friends so that you can later swoop in after they break up, though. Guys that are friends with girls and just friends don't need to worry about conversation starters. Friendship should happen naturally. Premeditated thought suggests ulterior motives to me.

• From personal experience, acting like a complete goof has worked in getting close to a girl with a boyfriend. Good answer.

To QA, be easy and free flowing. She has enough seriousness in her life with her BF, so be her escape. Just don't get sexual and almost any topic will do.

• Wow, you usually see questions about how to avoid/get out of the friend zone with girls on this site!

It's simple--refrain from anything near flirtatious (sexual jokes and the like pertaining the both of you for example), be a goof, don't stare at her as you would with a girl you're interested in. All-in-all, just pretend she's another one of your guy friends who's company you enjoy.

• Simple: Talk to her as you would a guy friend. Don't flirt with her.

• Talk about shopping. Ask her if she likes shopping and what will she buy and what she want to buy and if she likes to get certain type of brand or style. Gay guys are no threat to anybody. Be gay.

• in the same boat but I kinda dislike she has a boyfriend and kinda want to flirt with her...

• Don't get nervous or let the fact she's in a relationship bother you, the more you worry about saying something wrong the higher the chance is you'll do so subliminally. Just talk about simple, common things like music.

• Anything.