How much makeup is too much?

and at what point does a girl look "too high maintenance?"

i am just curious. please go into detail or post pictures!

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't forget the geographic location, because things in my area (small town) will differ a lot from the way things are in Las Vegas.

I think a good rule of thumb is to use as little makeup as necessary to EMPHASIZE your features.. Not to replace your faults.

If a girl were to wear a thick layer of cover up, lots of mascara, thick red lipstick, designer clothing, and a fancy hairstyle -> Then I'm going to assume that she takes high satisfaction in taking care of herself, but I'm also going to secretly guess at how she wishes to be treated. Obviously all girls wish to be treated in the best manor, but I have a presumption that girls of that caliber would expect better treatment than an average "classy" girl.

So -> My rule of thumb is that little = more. You shouldn't have to feel the need to cake it on; if anyone reading this believes that is the case for them, I'd encourage you to go get skin care products in addition to the makeup your buying. Skin care products focus on clearing up the fault as best as possible, while makeup is intended to cover it up (and in RARE cases to clear it up).

~ ArtistBBoy

• great answer! thanks!

What Guys Said 3

• If they have it caked on, if they've applied so much that you can tell they are literally a powder face, if you don't recognize them without makeup on, if they cling to makeup religiously, if they actually feel that makeup is the only way to go, if you can make an accurate assumption (that's right, I said assumption) about a girl based on the amount of makeup she has on, then it's probably too much and/or too often.

• i don't wear much makeup, but I do wear it everyday, just because I like it. I obviously wear more when I go out as opposed to when I go to class, but I just like my face better with some makeup on it. would that be a turn off?

• It really depends on how much it is. If it's like eyeliner and whatever that stuff is that makes your skin all 1 tone and hides things on your skin, then that might be alright (in my opinion). But if it's like a super crazy amount, then it's sort of off-putting.

• The key to wearing make up is to make it look like you're not wearing any makeup at all.

• If you have to ask, it's probably too much.

• i don't wear much at all, actually. I was just curious.

• Oh OK. Well if its a layer of makeup, its too much

What Girls Said 3

• too much makeup is when you stand like 15 ft away from me and I can tell your wearing it or when it looks cakey or when you look like this link or when you hug someone and your makeup rubs on their shirt. but really if makeup is applied "well", who gives a damn

• i never thought about it that way! thank you!

• link

O_O YIKES!

• When you look like a clown, prostitute or oompa loompa. If girls knew how to apply makeup the right way, guys wouldn't have the stereotype that girls with makeup all look fake.