Why you get offended when we talk about beauty?

Why you get offended when a guy compliments you on the internet? And then why you don't reply to him? What is explanation of this?

Instead of compliments what should a guy needs to talk with you?

"What yoy do in your free time?, What are your hobbies? never worked.

0|0
7|3

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe she's use to being calling beautiful or pretty so she doesn't care when some guy says it to her or maybe she doesn't think she's pretty so she doesn't know what to say back. it really just depends on the girl so don't feel bad.

and don't feed girls with compliments because it makes us feel like you want us for only one thing. instead just ask her how she's doing and and how her day was and she will open up better

and if she never replies just forget her she's not worth it anyways.

0|1
    0|0
    • so then...what exactly do you tell a girl that you KNOW is used to being complimented all the time...do you just never mention anything about you finding her attractive?

• those girls tend to be a little more stuck up and get turned off by an "overly complimentary guy". so they don't want "hey you're hot" because they already know that. instead say something like "you seem like an okay girl and I was wondering if I could get to know you" or something like that.

What Girls Said 6

• It really depends on how you approach this situation. If you right away come across as hey your sexy, beautiful, etc. it is a bit much and girls take it as you being sleazy, despite your intention.

If you would like to strike up a conversation through the internet, read what she has posted to get hints into what she would like to talk about. Whether it be an internet dating profile or just a social network like facebook, check out her interests. Check out what she has put as her likes or what hobbies she mentions she loves to do. If she likes to play soccer, ask her what teams or what position she plays. Maybe she enjoys running, where does she like to run? Does she run in races? Or maybe she loves movies, well what kind of movie? Catch my drift?

It's very cliche to just ask someone what they like to do. Maybe try to not be that guy and take it a step further- show her your truly interested and you actually took the time to get to know her and would like to explore her interests even more. Look beyond the outer shell and go for the inside. Hope this works!

2|0
    0|0
  • ive never gotten offended by a guy calling me pretty before...however, I have not believed them. and I've found that music is something that brings everyone together then of course hobbies, likes, intrests, education etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • we don't mind being called beautiful or pretty but we'd rather you do it in person instead of on the internet...its more personal!:)

0|1
    0|0
  • girls are too used to compliments on the internet because guys are always trying to show their weewee and get something in return. usually just saying hi does the trick ha ha and the people that don't reply are so not worth it, probably stuck up bitches.

0|0
    0|0
  • On the internet, I get offended when I know the person has an ulterior motive. A genuine compliment is always appreciated. But when a guy takes it further and into creepy territory wanting cybersex, pics, etc. I get totally turned off.

It's like, say the compliment and move onto other neutral subjects.

1|0
    0|0
  • why on the internet and not in person?

0|0
    0|0
    • coz it is hard to talk in person when you have never met her

What Guys Said 3

• That is not true at all, girls love when you compliment them is that you don't know how or that you think that they don't like them when in fact they do. If you seem way to eager to compliment them then they obviously won't like it and it will make you look desperate even if you are not. Don't smother them either, it makes them feel uncomfortable, even if they are nice compliments because they are going to think you just want them for sex and that you don't see them as a person. The best way that you can compliment is by building rapture and the only way to do is by keeping a conversation light and funny, and sharing personal things so she can trust you, that can be easily done in 30 minutes.

Some girls play hard to get, so it may seem that they didn't like the compliment but in reality they do, is just that they just want to you to keep chasing them to see how far you can do or how much you can handle so you don't loose control.

0|1
    0|0
    • Very true.

Music is actually the most common subject to talk about when on dates. That way you can argue over your favorite band, rather than discussing something on a more serious tip like politics. Plus who knows, your second date might end up being at a concert of your new favorite group.

• Those last two questions never worked for me either. Sometimes asking for an explanation of an entry in the questionnaire works. Sometimes this causes offence, e.g. in questions of religious beliefs. Dating on the Internet is very impersonal, that's why normal question - answer routines do not work. Guys have to try very hard. The best approach is to study the profile trying to imagine what kind of person she is. Then ask a question you think will work best. Try to keep a log of what worked.

0|0
    0|0
  • 'Do you like music?' works .. 99% of the time. Seriously.

0|0
    0|0