Short skirts are "cute"?

I was wearing this really short black skirt with kind of sheer gray pantyhose on Christmas Eve at a family dinner. My boyfriend was there and we were outside loading the car with some folding chairs. I asked him to hurry up because I was freezing and he says, "I'm not cold."

I told him it was different because he was wearing pants haha.

He laughed and said, "Yeah, I know, I was thinking that when I saw you wearing a skirt."

I never say things like this to him but I said something like, "Don't pretend like you don't like it."

What he said next confuses me. "It is a cute skirt."

What the hell?

Most Helpful Guy

• why does that confuse you? he said it was cute... what not to get

• Maybe because I was feeling like I was sexy and not cute that day.

Could it be that he didn't feel comfortable talking like that around my family, even though we were alone?

• cute, sexy does it really matter what word he used. there pratically the same when guys refer to girls. Girls I say are cute... I say are sexy

What Guys Said 8

• Guys know how much girls appreciate the sht that they buy, so we always try to compliment girls clothes, hair items, shoes, and whatever else they have on to make them feel nice. And if we DO like it, of course we're going to say something! "Cute" isn't such a manly word to throw around, but cmon! Girls call crap like that cute all the time! We're just copying you!

And seriously? You bait your boyfriend about the skirt, then you're confused when he gives yo ua comment? If I was your boyfriend reading this, I would be the one asking what the hell! Hell, I'm even asking what the hell right now! Gosh, you girls are damned confusing, lol.

• Well I think a black skirt would be something sexy but he probably thought it was a little bit silly because it was so cold, so it was downgraded to cute lol, but it was still cute because he did like it. :)

• Yeah..."cute" is not a word a guy should use to his girlfriend when commenting on something, unless he isn't paying attention and is just repeating what you said (i.e. Isn't this blouse cute?)

• He likes your skirt..;-)

• I wouldn't read too much into his comments. He gave you a compliment, thus he probably likes it

• The man said it was cute that's about as black and white as it gets lol so yeah he liked it

• I would rather have cute than sexy

• What do you mean, "What the hell?"? He thinks it looks cute...

What Girls Said 2

• He likes your skirt, and thought it was cute.

Simple answer.

• It is a cute skirt is pretty much verbatim for IT IS A CUTE SKIRT. I don't know why you're so confused...