Should I go to a salon or will I get the same look if I do it at home?

I want to put purple in my hair - should I go to a salon or will I get the same look if I do it at home?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've never died your hair yourself before then go to the salon but either way your better off going to the salon there's a less chance for screw ups.

What Guys Said 2

• For a color like purple, I would most definitely suggest you go to a salon . There are many problems you can encounter when just putting in any color, but for purple it is best left to the experts .

• Please don't die your hair purple at home, go to a professional place lol...

What Girls Said 6

• It's always safer to go to a salon. Not exactly cheaper, but if you want it to come out the best way possible, go get it done at a salon.

• Get it done at a salon. Remember to ask the stylist how large the highlights should be and what shade of purple would look good with your hair and skin.

• go to a salon. I had a friend in beauty schoo who tried to do highlights of purple in my hair. long story short go to a PROFESSIONAL. :)

• Always a salon. But I will say ... if you ever want to get it out ... you've either got to dye over it dark or nothing because even bleaching it out will be hard. I had a bit of hot pink in mine once for breast cancer awareness month and yeah ... wouldn't bleach out at all. Wasn't happy.

• Go to a salon.

• It's all the same. Just make sure you bleach your hair first, it will come out better.