Do you agree that malls have revolutionized our shopping experience?

Do you agree that

Most Helpful Guy

• Well we've definitely come a long way from bartering sheep skins and apples. Although even our modern day malls can somewhat compare to the old fashion bizarres that sold both necessities and decor.

It definitely has changed the experience though. Many people will spend 2x the amount on a shirt cause its at the mall. Its also a very social place to go, not too mention specialized stores for those who don't feel like going through the BS of wal*mart.

Only problem is you can't step into a mall without seeing 90% jail bait and idiots who should walk on the right side of the walkway (like traffic).

What Guys Said 5

• i could do without their existence

• Not really. The only difference between a mall and just other stores is that one has a large collection of stores in one place, which is pretty much the idea of the "marketplace" or "bazaar" that's been around for millennia. Also, malls tend to suck if you're not looking for clothes- most malls I've been to are about 70% clothes/shoes, and most of those are aimed at women.

• Not one bit. In fact I find net shopping to be catching along with more people these days.

• I dunno.

• LOL. No. Online shopping is better.

What Girls Said 4

• Well, we've had malls around for a while, but in the whole spectrum of things I'd say yes. I mean, for example in India it's not that common to find huge malls and I definitely feel the difference whenever I'm shopping over there. Sometimes it's actually nicer without big malls, it's easier to pick up stuff that's original rather than generic : )

• Sure, they've helped to shape us into the materialistic, mindless consuming zombies we are today! :)

• not really

• I think online shopping has done a better job. People can sit on their asses, pull out their credit cards and go to town. And now they have a feature on your television where all you do is press the OK/Select button to purchase something. Crazy.