When a guy looks at a women, why do women look down?

what's up with that , do they hate that guy looking at them or are they not comfortable around that person

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls are still self-conscious about themselves and you staring at them makes them nervous. Feeling that you have to compete with Angelina Jolie or Kate Moss isn't exactly helping with growing up and changing into a woman :D.

If they have never seen you or have never talked to you, they have no reasonable reason, to hate you. They just feel nervous about the attention you are giving to them, they're uncomfortable with themselves, not you. :)

You can help the situation by smiling, for example. Being friendly. :)

What Girls Said 17

• i do it because I'm shy, and I especially do that if I like the guy because I don't want him to think I like him... weird I know, but I just don't want him thinking, why is she looking at me? she probably likes me lol.

• i know I always look back at you smile a little then look away all shy like then I always look back at you. its just what we do

• Because it makes me feel uncomfortable, I don`t like strangers staring at me

• When a guy I'm attracted to stares at me it makes me feel naked. That they know what I'm thinking, and they can read all the insecurities on my face.

• I do that because I'm embarrassed and not sure how to respond. Whether to look back or not.

Hope I've helped! ^-^ If we stare back we feel like its either rude or shows that we're interested in you. Looking down, we can avoid any awkward moments =]

• I have an awful habit of looking down. I don't want to stare back and be creepy but when a guy looks at me it makes me feel incredibly nervous. I think some guys get the impression I'm not interested.

• i think its because staring right back at them can be misread more? like theyre bored and its bad manners

but a lot of girls look down due to shyness or nerves, I know I do

• attracted to them that's why you nervous

• i guess

we're also flattered that - being introverted - we're being noticed

• Because I don't want to stare back at them, I feel creepy. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

• I'm 17 and when I notice a guy looking at me I kind of feel awkward. I mean I have a boyfriend but I guess getting attention from other guys makes us feel good but at the same time the person doing the gawking could make us very uncomfortable.

• would you do the same if he was good looking, an am not talking about long eye contact something like 3 sec look

• because she always giving me eye contact and maintaining eye contact through our conversation without looking away

• Sooooo...? It is good that she maintains eye contact while having conversations...it doesn't mean anything. A lot of people do it - she is just confident and or interested in theconversation.

• well obviosly iff when you look at her and she catches your eye that means she was probably looking at you as well and that when she looks down so you don't think she likes u

• Simple; we're shy, especially when a good looking guy looks at us.

• I think it could be just nerves sometimes when someone looks at me it makes me wonder if I look OK so I look down to check and make sure.

• i do this all the time because I'm too shy to glance back and it makes me feel uncomfortable/nervous. I wanna smile but I don't want come off as desperate or creepy.

• They're Shy

• If I was interested in that guy then I might look down or give him a small smile back and blush

• When I see someone staring at me, I glance at them and continue on my way.

• cause it's awkward to watch someone watching you

What Guys Said 3

• Shyness, maybe not interested. Don't be phased with this, some will give you a response others will do this. At least your trying to make contact, next time when they walk by try adding alittle "hi" and see what happens - once again some will ignore you, others will give you a "hi" back and the few will stop and have a chat. Good luck brother..

• They're just shy is all. It's a natural common thing.

• Because guys are greedy and girls are more emotional and secure with their relationships. :)