Should I be offended that he told me I look better without my makeup?

My boyfriend told me he likes how I look much better without makeup and that makeup looks fake. And basically that it's bad on me, I guess. He told me I'm pretty without it and asked me not to wear it.

I took it as an insult.

Should I be offended?

Most Helpful Guy

• he wouldn't be with you if he didn't find you attractive. what he's saying is, he likes you the way you are, naturally, without anything added. Sounds like a compliment to me. He probably didn't know how to say it that way. most guys don't like to sound cheesy. If your pretty without make-up, to him, he loves you just the way you are, so give your man some lovin.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow. Why or how could you possibly be offended. You don't have to wear make up for him, he likes you for who you are without all the added stuff.

• what the. you're kidding right? He likes you better au natural. why get offended? geeze you're ridiculous.

What Girls Said 5

• Personally, I don't see that as an insult. Just means he likes you for you, you don't need to try to make yourself look better for him. He already thinks your attractive. Seems like a pretty nice thing to say in my opinion!

• I don't think you should take it as an insult. He's saying that you're naturally beautiful, and makeup only hides that. It's a pretty nice compliment :]

• No don't be offended,some men just like a natural look. This is just a pure complement to your natural beauty enjoy the freedom of not having to put makeup on!

• those 2 below I agree they've said it all

• i think is the opposite, and is such a good thing ,cause it means that he likes you anyways.