What do you think about acne?

i have terrible acne and I feel self conscious about it. I don't know what to do I have tried pro active and home remedies but it won't go away. I just wish I had flawless skin. do guys really care about acne?

Most Helpful Girl

• i used to have some bad acne and going to a dermatologist helped a lot. he fixed my skin so now I do some skin maintenance at home. if you have lots of clogged pores rather than full inflamed pimples then this tip will help. just don't try and use this tool on deep cystic acne, it'll really damage your skin

link

it is an extractor that attacks forming pimples so they never fully develop. I do this extracting process at night because it leaves skin red for an hour or two. doing this every week keeps my skin really clear

i know it looks like a torture device or something a dentist uses but it is my HG so give it a shot! you need to be careful when using this tool because if you are too aggressive with it you can bruise your face :( first, steam your face in the shower or hold a hot and wet washcloth to your face for 1-2 min. now your pores are open and it's time to use the extractor. hold the loop of your choice (I use the thinner wire loop) parallel to your face and press down very lightly, slowly dragging it along your face. this should not hurt, just feel a little uncomfortable at the more sensitive parts of your face. you'll see the gunk collect in the loop so just wipe it off after every swipe or two. you must start slow to get the hang of this tool!

most importantly, if after two swipes over a pore the gunk does not come out, move on and try again tomorrow. it's not worth it to damage your skin and the gunk will come out when it's ready.

i just introduced this tool to a friend today and she had the hang of the tool in less than 10 min after I used it on her for a few swipes. it's really weird at first but you'll grow to love it! once you are done cleaning your pores, sanitize the tool (I use the neutrogena pads to clean it out) then hold a wet and cold washcloth over the places you used the tool for 1-2 min to close the pores back up again so less gunk will get in them in the future.

The first time using this tool always takes the longest, the rest is just maintenance of your already cleaned out pores. I use this mostly on and around my nose, occasionally around my hairline too. I know it's a little expensive but it is an industrial strength stainless steel tool. think about how much $ you'll save by not always running out to buy disposable pore strips that so the same job but not quite as well. good luck and I hope this helps!

What Guys Said 5

• Almost everyone gets it to some extent some of the time.

If yours is particularly acute check out: link then see your doctor about what treatment may be best for you.

• Honestly, it doesn't bother me much at all.

• some acne is no big deal and it will go away!

• It's not a big deal as long as it's not all over.

• A lot of acne bothers me.

What Girls Said 6

• I know you said you've tried pro-active, which has never helped for me. Did you ever try acne.org's regime & products? I started using it about two months ago, if you follow it how it says...twice a day, once in the morning & once at night. using the cleanser, GENTLY barely grazing your face and putting on the benzoyl peroxide treatment, then the lotion. It'll take awhile, at fist your face will sting and burn a little, then it'll get really dry for a little. but keep gently putting on the lotion. YOU HAVE TO KEEP UP WITH IT FOR ABOUT FOUR WEEKS at first, but I began to see results right away. once your face gets used to it, work up to more and more of the treatment per area. But I swear it cleared my skin up & I have completely smooth flawless skin now. With one or two that pop up here & there. Still a few red scars on my chin, but they're smooth and can be covered with makeup. Also if you use it, you have to watch what makeup you use...it has to be completely free from anything that will clog your pores, if you put anything over the treatment you're counteracting everything. Hope this might help.

• I did the acne.org tratment too - I had really stubborn acne on most of my face and it would never completely go away but the Benzoyl Peroxide is great. Works just like XoFoolish4uXo says - once you get past the dry stage you're laughing!

• Ugh, my face is a mess right now. don't worry though, nobody really notices much.

link

• best thing ever for spots . . . sudocrem, the baby bumcream. clears them up no time.

• Try drinking more water, not touching your face, changing your pillowcases twice a week and seeing a dermatologist.

• guys do care about facial features but prefere if the girl has a big boots and a nice ass hope this helps

• i feel for you!

i have really bad acne as well and it won't go away

it scared deeply all over my cheeks I was worried no on would wanna date me

but now I have a great boyfriend! He doesn't care about the acne at all