Does your style affect the amount of dates you get?

Upon talking to a cousin, I found out a lot about what are attractive to guys, why they date the girls they do, etc. But one thing really struck me as interesting, he claimed he would never date girls dressed "different."

In my town every girl wears hollister, skinny jeans, and their hair stick straight. Honestly they look like clones to me. My friends and I don't dress like that, so I had him judge them solely for their faces and he rated them 8s and 9s.

So guys please answer honestly (to me and yourself), are you more likely to go after a girl who dresses like everyone, or a girl who wears clothes that aren't in style but may be very HER or look good on her?

Most Helpful Guy

• An Individual style is always way more attractive compared to someone who tries to fit in with the group. It finds a way to look good while making a statement that reflects your personality, and says that you won't change who you are or conform just to meet the ideal of other people. In my head that is way more attractive, and also hints towards someone being more of a genuine person.

What Guys Said 3

• Definitely a girl who dresses like herself. I prefer girls (and just people in general) who do things or dress a certain way because they want to -not because of what other people will think.

• What do you wear?

• Jeans that are tight up top (so usually boot cut or flare), shorts and skirts a lot in the winter. Then for my top I usually wear like... tye dye t-shirts occasionally, but mostly "nice" shirts that make me look good like baby doll, tighter more colorful unique things. I also love wearing summer dresses in the summer.

My wardrobe is not "weird," it just isn't the same as everyone else.

• ok in my opinion any clothing on a girl described as tight or short is perfect I would not worry about it.

• as long is she looks good in what she wears , I don't really care haha

What Girls Said 1

• I think boys tend to date girls that fit in with their own specific style. Kind of like how SoCal bros tend to go after those SoCal girls. You know - people just love themselves. lol

So I guess it could effect how many dates you get if you were a gothic going to an all prep school or in a similiar situation.