Confrontational styles. Which is better?

Is having a partner who calls you out on your BS a good thing? In other words, if you are being a jerk and he/she responds immediately with an aggressive tone to stop.

Or is it better to have someone who quietly takes the abuse (or leaves the room) and lets you know later that it was not okay in a calmer manner.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would rather have someone call me out on my bs and I would rather call someone out on it right away than just take it.

What Girls Said 1

• I definitely prefer someone who has a back bone and will call me out on any BS. I prefer it is done assertively but not in a condescending way. I think it should be pointed out to me because I know I am flawed. If the person responds aggressively then I will probably respond in the same way and that won't solve anything. An aggressive tone turns me off very much and I will feel attacked.

What Guys Said 1

• I prefer to take the calmer approach that way I am able to have a conversation without arguing. If you try to make a point in the heat of the moment things get said out of anger that we may not really mean to say. I thinks its totally immature to get aggresive when trying to make a point.