Why is it that if you don't find someone attractive it (to most people) must mean you are jealous of them?

For example I was talking to my friends about some girl in the grade above one of them says "omg she is so pretty and has the perfect body!" and I reply "I don't think so, I think she looks a little out of proportion" And then they are convinced I'm jealous of her.. But I'm not jealous, I have absolutely no desire to look or be like the girl in question. It really drives me insane, like one of my other questions about some p*rnstarish looking girl, yes I may have been a little harsh in what I said but it does not mean I am jealous of her! I don't get why people just don't understand why I don't find someone attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Apparently because they're a bit more narcissistic than they should be. Not willing to accept that others' opinions differs from theirs. It's a part of being human, I guess. You should just accept that they're incapable of comprehending reason.

What Guys Said 2

• Usually they act that way because they are jealous and project their feelings onto another person so they don't feel so bad about themselves.

• Who cares? Let people think what they want, that's their problem.

What Girls Said 2

• Well...it might be because there is such a tendency in some people to insist someone is unattractive when that person is VERY obviously attractive.

I do not like megan fox. I do not think she's intelligent nor do I think he's a good actor. However I'd be the first to admit she's good looking but you'd meet a bunch of girls who swear up and down that she's not good looking. And my response is just HUH?

I think there is a difference between finding someone attractive and admitting that person is good looking. I think LOTS of people are good looking, however I do not personally find them attractive.

I think Dicaprio is good looking, but I really don't find him attractive. I hope that helps.

• people just want to believe the worst in others