Girls who wear makeup, do you wear makeup because you think guys (or girls) like it, or because you do?

Girls who wear makeup, do you wear makeup because you think guys (or other girls) like it, or is wearing makeup simply enjoyable to you?

Just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 40

• Nope! I'm all natural because I know that make up is addicting! And I feel like it will make me look scary if I miss one day of absolute no make up. Like some celebrities looks horrible with out make up because you are so used to looking at that one person with make up! Without they would be like WHOA! YOU LOOK DIFFERENT! I wouldn't mind wearing make up once in a while but everyday...I can't seem to do that lol I will not put billions of make up everyday though. Maybe only on occasion. You do not want to lose your natural faces

• If I don't feel like wearing makeup, I just don't wear any. I think I look okay without it. I don't have to like, make myself 'presentable' to go out in public. If anything I guess I'll put on mascara, but usually not even that. I don't half-ass it. Either I wear it or I don't.

I like makeup just because it's fun. I have fun playing with color.

link

Whether I wear makeup or not on any given day has little to nothing to do with anyone or anything else except my own whims. =P Most of the makeup I wear isn't 'corrective' in any way either. Like I don't slather on a bunch of cover-up. I play with strictly eyes and lips. I don't really care who likes it, lmao.

• I wear makeup because every day I switch it up so every day I feel like a new person. I also wear it because I am good at putting it on and expressing myself through it and I love to get compliments on it. It makes my day when someone tells me they love how I did my eye shadow or ask how I get my eyelashes to look so long. I only wear eye makeup though because I have really rosy cheeks already and I can never figure out how to put on foundation or any of that stuff. So really, I do it for me. It's just a plus when other people enjoy it too.

• LOL how cute! It's kinda like when guys put on a hat... it's just a daily routine you've gotten into...you put on a suit.. we put on make-up.. you shave your beard...we put on make-up...we like it.. you like it... and once your start, you just can't stop!.

• Mostly, I wear it because:

A. I'm trying to hide imperfections (that's anything from breakout, scratch on my face, dark circles, etc)

B. I like the way I look with it on better (typically, some days I just feel hott regardless xP)

C. it gives me an excuse to wake up earlier, and get my day started and be more awake later.

D. I like to try styles out. Some days, I want to look one way, then a different day, I want to see how I'd look this way.

E. when I don't, people always tell me I look tired, and I'm usually not xP

• Hahah, I get that all the time.. "you look sick.. are you okay?".. no, I'm just not wearing make up, I feel great..but thank you for asking, asshole. lol

• Hah, glad I'm not the only one(:

• I have good skin and I think my face is average looking but have been told I'm pretty.

I wear make up because it helps me feel confident.

I have a mother who was very verbally demeaning towards me from my youth till now even. I just feel better when I put it on and I can also play with different eye shadows. It also is an expression of my artistic side, I've always been interested in fashion and art.

• I put my make up on in the morning before I leave the house because it makes me feel sexier and more confident. Wearing something for other just won't make you satisfied and happy in the long run.

• I wear makeup almost everyday, but it changes by mood or outfit. Working out, I just stick to moisturizer, but if I'm taking time putting an outfit together, I make sure everything else is up to par. Simplicity is key =)

• I wear it because I love it! I love the art of it! I use to be a makeup artist as well,by far the best job I've had. I love how it enhances and even transforms an individual. Not that the individual doesn't look great to begin with,its just nice to be able to switch it up and look different for the day.

• I do it so I feel put together and look presentable. I don't wear makeup often and it's never a lot. Just enough to accentuate features, when needed, depending on the occasion.

• I wear it because I love the artistic part of it. I see my face as a blank canvas. I use to wear a lot in middle school and high school. But now I don't wear anything but mascara because I think that I should enjoy my youth now before its gone. When I go out I still wear it though, its fun to create different looks. :)

• I wear makeup because I like how I look with it, I don't pile it on, I cover up zits and redness for an even skin tone, and wear eyeshadow to bring out my eyes, and mascara for a "boost"

BUT I still look like with and without it! Makeup is great in moderation

• oh no I'm sorry but I don't do things for a person why am I going to change..i do it for myself and don't go overboard either honestly putting just a little is fine..i really don't like when some girls put so much you can't even see how they really look like..a little more than the usually is okay but everyday oh no..lol

• I started wearing make up when I was super young which was kind of cool on my moms part because by the time all the others girls started wearing make up and it actually kind of mattered how it looked I was semi okay at applying it. I wear make up now because I think I look horrifying with and without it but not so horrifying with it. I used to think guys only liked girls who were super done up with lots of make up but it seems like the guys I'm into aren't really those types of guys. The guy I'm into right now actually prefers no make up which creates quite the predicament with me. I also wear make up because I think it's fun and I like being able to be creative that way and if I'm bored it gives me something to do until I go somewhere. I'd love to be able to never wear make up and feel like I looked okay but I know I don't, so I wear it.

• depends on the situation. if I'm going out to a party I do it because I think guys tend to look for girls who dress up and try to look their best. but there are days when I'm just doing normal things, like going out to the mall or just staying around my house, where I just wanna wear make up. it's an ego booster in both situations. especially when you get a compliment out of it.

• Rly the only makeup I wear is eyeliner and mascara. It's not alot, but I'm so used to wearing it now that I feel naked w/o it. I like it and wear it for me. If other people like it that's a bonus. ^^

• I don't wear makeup for guys, I wear it for myself. Personally I think I look better with makeup, not a TON like a clown or anything, I just wear a little on my eyes and powder for the rest of my face. I couldn't care less what guys think. Sometimes when I don't feel like putting any on, I just go natural but my skin tone is sort of pale so I like to have a little color on my face and makeup to bring out my eyes.

• i love to draw and paint and makeup makes me feel happy in that same creative sense.. so I wear it for fun.. but to look good I wear only like mascara to bring my eyes out or chapstick.. I always get way more compliments with less makeup. most girls do.

• I wear it because I just don't suit my personality without it, Plus it's kind a habbit now (I haven't not worn make up in about 6 years :L )

• I wear makeup to hid post acne marks and dark circles. I used to be able to go without it. Working on that right now.

• I love putting it on and experimenting with different styles and colours! I love how feminine and pretty it looks and I certainly wear it only for myself.

• both. It's annoying when people ask why you're wearing it, and who you're trying to impress. Sometimes it's for that one guy, but other times. we just wanna feel good about ourselves.

• i do it because its enjoyable to me. makeup is like art. you can create whatever you want on the canvas of your face (:

• I don't usually wear makeup but when I do (like once in a century lol), I like he feeling because it makes me feel more girly/pretty/confident.. And people notice becaue I normally don't wear it, so that's a side bonus :)

• It enhances your beauty so it goes both for this, but that also depends on the person.

• i know some wear it to just hide some flaws and others feel secure when they have it on. I personally don't wear anything besides eye liner just because that's about all I like on my face.

• I like wearing it because I like the way I look and the way my eyes pop. Plus, I've gotten used to wearing makeup that now it feels weird whenever I don't or don't have enough on.

• I wear it because I really like the way it makes me look.

• When I wear makeup, I don't wear much. I wear it because I look and feel much better about myself.

• because I like it better. I just feel more comfortable.

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 0