Are guys who care about their appearance too much a turn-off?

I mean men who want plastic surgery, who are vain and who compare themselves to others.

(eg Gordon Ramsey, Christiano Ronaldo, Gavin Henson)

I personally don't like guys like this

• Yes
    61% (74)56% (27)60% (101)Vote
  • No
    39% (47)44% (21)40% (68)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
10|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe everyone should care a little bit about their appearance, hygene style etc but that's pushing it over the line to want plastic surgery etc and comparing

3|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 5

• Too much of anything is a turnoff.

5|3
    0|0
  • Well, speaking as a straight guy I can't say. Girls that are like that definitely are. High maintenance is not good. I much prefer someone who is more laid back about appearances.

3|0
    0|0
  • I thought you meant being well dressed and groomed. I sure as hell would not get plastic surgery. I would think it's a turn-off for the majority of girls.

3|0
    0|0
  • I answered Yes, BUT, in Ramsey's defense, he looked pretty mean before, I think he looks more kind post-surgery, which was his intention. He'd never thought about it until someone told him he should.

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm saying yes only cause I wanna see the results and cause as a guy when another guy is that vain it's kinda like "I don't wanna hang out with that guy."

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah it's a turn off. I like a guy who looks rugged and handsome without much effort. Just have good hygiene and a good haircut and you're good to go. However, I have no problem if a guy wants to take care of his skin and exfoliate/moisturize.

2|0
    0|0
  • i think plastic surgery is incredibly vain unless it's to fix a sever deformity, eg burns etc.

3|1
    0|0
    • Great answer!

I always love how people mention one example and then write/type "etc". xD

• When I wrote etc to include others things in that category like scarring, perhaps a boob job for those women who have had mastectomies etc

• weird!

0|0
    0|0
  • it's not a turn off when it comes to clothes, hair and hygiene. but plastic surgery...is lame.

0|0
    1|0
  • are you kidding , cristiano ronaldo is gorgeousss , he could never be a turn off !

1|0
    1|0
  • i hate guys like that ugh... they anoy me lol

0|1
    1|0
  • Oh well I like a guy who takes an interest in making sure that he looks presentable but plastic surgery? ehhh...ummm...sounds a bit extreme

0|0
    1|0
  • I hate them! OK, for one night stand, but for a relationship: NO Go!

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm not high maintenance and I expect he same from my guy. Him being clean and shaved is enough for me. If he overdoes it, I get a feeling I'm dating a girl. Definitely a turnoff.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't know I like a guy who can look nice and not sloppy so I voted no BUT if it takes him longer then me to get ready OH HECK NO turn off haha

1|0
    0|0