Pretty simple question that till now I haven't had much of a chance to get an honest answer out of. I'm posing this to the ladies, but obviously all answers are acceptable.

Recently I went into Hollister, not really the style I've ever been known for wearing, but between the name getting a lot of mention and not the worst looking clothing, I gave in and bought two pairs of jeans and two t-shirts on separate visits when I had came into additional money.

Anyways, I've seen the popularity but have heard a family member joke with me about what the brand is sorta marketing too, so what I want to know is.

Hollister: To much of a pretty boy brand or good clothes if not overpriced?

Just adding that I've bought from Hollister, nothing with "labels slapped on it" but best shown in my profile. I know I can buy the stuff cheaper, so that's not the issue. I'm not totally against dressing preppy, but is this (straight) pretty boy gear?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love hollister! and yeah it kind of sends the pretty preppy look, but hey nothin wrong with that! haha I actually am more attracted to guys that dress preppy.

but to totally answer your question, yes it's preppy and kind of pretty boy, but still great cloths (highly priced lol)

What Girls Said 6

• i think you pay more for the name than you do the quality of the clothes. I but shirts from Abercrombie and Hollister and they have gotten holes in them after two or three washes. Now the polos and jeans are great quality. But a little knit shirt is 20-30 dollars usally, and they get holes in them. But I buy them anyway because I love the way they fit and look on me, I just don't wash them everytie I wear them. Don't go there just because everyone else is, or because you want the name. They have great advertising and status to make young people shop there. I don't know how well the men;s t shirts will hold up, bt I do know the jeans are very good.

• I think it's an okay brand, but I really don't ever go in their stores because they're so, eh, I can't explain it lol. I don't like the atmosphere, so much of the people there are just stuck up.

Some of their stuff is nice, but I do think it's overpriced and not really worth it. I prefer American Eagle because it's more reasonable :]

• A lot of guys at my school wear Hollister, and a lot of guys at my school are preppy, pretty boys (not to mention a little cocky/arrogant). So, that's how I see Hollister.

I really don't know about the quality of the clothes--I've never even stepped foot in the store.

• I used to be a big Hollister fan! But now, since I'm more fashioin forward and like to be "different" I guess, haha, I like their jeans because they fit me really well and I love their tops, I just won't buy the ones that have "hollister" slapped across it cause EVERYBODY wears those and its like declaiming that you love that store. ha so that's my opinion. And plus, they're stuff smells SOO good!:)

• I'm petite and their clothes don't even fit me. Too small. That store shows a negative statement. I hate those stores where the clothes would be suited for a barbie doll manacon.

• you bet, it is very attractive indeed.

how do you feel about girls wearing it?

• If your not sure you really can't go wrong. The close are hot but not extremely so. So if you don't know you can't go wrong with hollister.

What Guys Said 3

• Dude, don't waste your hard earned cash on such bullshit clothes. If you get jeans from Target or even Old Navy, it will not make a difference. Unless you're hanging around the preppy prissy rich girls. Not to mention a lot of girls think it's tacky when you have "HOLLISTER" slapped on your chest

• You haven't yet seen overpriced yet :P

Gucci sandals and hat $300 ea

Gucci boots 1000

The only reason why people wear hollister, is because of the models (amazing huh?)

Those muscular tight shirt wearing guys

Yeah its straight

• It does sound to be preppy. A friend of mine made a joke about a stereotypical prep male, wearing Hollister clothing walking out of a Starbucks holding his tray while on the phone using his bluetooth headset.