What is the most unattractive personality trait in a man?

If he is a very good looking guy and you find him physically attractive, what would he have to do to turn you off and make you not go out with him even once? Like if he was needy, or lacking confidence, or poor, or too cocky, or stupid? What would be the single personality problem that would totally blow this hot guy's chances?

Most Helpful Girl

• The inability to communicate is a huge turnoff. Sometimes guys turn into stone walls and you don't know what they're thinking/feeling. Then, they will suddenly do something out of the blue and it can be confusing and hurtful.

It's very frustrating. I say this because of my experience! I have dated a few 26/27 year old guys who I thought would be mature enough to have the communication thing down, but I was wrong. Arrogance would be a close second!

• a lot of good answers here, but this is particularly insightful and interesting. Sometimes, I think guys feel like they can't express themselves because they are not supposed to be the emotional one. Girls can be very difficult to read too; especially in the early parts of a relationship when you are just trying to figure out if she likes you or not.

What Girls Said 23

• There are a few, being needy is annoying because you can't do anything without the guy getting offended that he isn't invited or isn't there with you. Being cocky is a big one, a guy who thinks he is too good for anyone is a bad trait. Lacking confidence is also a problem because sometimes that's all the guy talks about "Ohh I'm no good, nobody wants me, I'm ugly, etc" Makes the girl feel annoyed because she can't prop him up no matter what she says, he just will always feel bad, and no one wants to be near a negative person.

• Lots of those would do it for me honestly. Not really the poor one. But definitely if he was needy, insecure, too cocky or stupid. I may not know that he has any of those qualities until I go out with him once. But if he revealed those qualities beforehand, I wouldn't go out with him at all.

• I really get put off by those guys who are so loud everyone has to hear them. Like those Gus most people crowd around because he's confident or whatever. To me they're just annoying. Confidence ks good but not if you're loud about it >> also as someone said before, afraid to make physical contact

• Yeah, I know some guys like that and I find them annoying too. They can't just chill because no one will notice them so they have to draw attention to themselves some other way.

• Mean, insulting, no manners, not driven careerwise, overconfident, etc. There are many things but that's part of my list! Looks only get you halfway.

• If he has no ability to have fun, or, to be outgoing, and if he sucks at keeping a good conversation. Then, that would be a turn off.

• Great question but just one out of those? Too hard of a decision I wouldn't be able to say just one. And like another said, poor wouldn't be an issue for me either. But I cannot stand a needy boyfriend. I had two of those and I hope to not have one again. Cocky can be an issue if he acts like a jerk all the time. And I like a guy that has some smarts and can be funny and all that good stuff, but not in you term "stupid". So a guy without those three qualities would be great!

• yeah, you don't have to choose from my list, just wondering what is the worst or combination of the worst. thanks.

• So I would say needy, since I have dealt with that first-hand several times.

• idk if this is considered a trait... but its annoying when he thinks he's the sh*t and shows that he knows he's hot is annoying. also, if you are faking your personality and its obvious.

• Wow! I'm glad girls can recognize this, because so many guys try to put on this kind of show because they think this attitude gets girls. Guys are told that they can get any girl they want with this approach no matter what they look like.

• thats definitely not the right idea so tell all of your friends to stop doing that. I do know a few girls who like that but they are the desperate ones... go figure! Now I'm happy you know that! and good for you for noticing that.

• drama queens. my step-dad is the queen of all drama, and yes I mean queen, cause he can't even be considered a man with all of his whining and complaining. seriously, grow a pair lol. I can't stand when a guy thinks it's important to tell you and everyone everything that is not okay with him. it just sparks arguments and debates over unimportant things.

• immaturity and anti social.

• Too cocky, or a player. Complete and utter turn off, right away. Needy guys are cute, as long as it isn't to a 24/7 extent. Lacking confidence isn't bad, as long as a girl can make them feel a little bit better when she tells him SHE thinks he's perfect. Poor isn't a turn off at all, if you're not materialistic. But too cocky, YES. Stupid... sometimes. Not like, just not book smart. Like if he's just plain f***ing stupid, like omg... wtf are you doing? It doesn't matter if he's not a straight A student.

• Having the vocabulary of a Neanderthal, the IQ of an eggplant and the emotional literacy of a door nail really doesn't help your brownie points in my books.

• I feel like guys don't know how to say sorry.

But I don't think its a trait ? lol

• Guys are afraid to say sorry because they think it makes them seem weak to women.

• cocky, arrogant, rude, bad hygiene, selfish, shallow, overly vain, sorry can't pick one thing, all of those are character traits that I don't like

• Ignorant, treating everyone like he's better, acting like I'm some guy friend. I want a respectful boyfriend like the one I have now.

• macho

• being a bit cocky is sexy, but OVER doing it, to the point I want to punch you, is a turn off

• Being cocky is a huge turnoff.

• No matter how good a guy may appear to look on the outside if he has an ugly personality where he's just too cocky, stupid, rude, mean, heartless then your screwed.

• if he is boring. if I don't laugh I'm like "you're boring. bye"

• Being cocky and generally ignorant, both massively unnattractive.

• extremely opinionated

• umm I don't know like in conversations, he just gives a short and simple answers just to shut the girl up. maybe that's just the guy but ugh that's a huge turn off.

• lacking confidence when it comes to physical contact

What Guys Said 2

• i really don't think the women are putting enough thought into most of these answers, saying cockiness is a turn off is such a generic answer it seems and I called it before I even read the comments, but honestly I think women are lying to themselves when they say that, yea I've had chicks in the past be turned off by my cockiness, but I know for a fact that that same trait was what attracted them in the first place , just from an animalistic ideology , in nature the man usually fights another man to win the affection of the female, so cut it out with all the macho, cockiness is a turn off thing

im pretty sure its a pretty thin tightrope to walk with the line between what's a turn on and turn off

• notice the female chauvinism in spadecharade's answer: if a man chooses to not communicate, or if he doesn't communicate when and how a woman wants, it's an "inability to communicate."

here's why men often "turn into stone walls" when women ask about our feelings: women often don't really care about men's feelings. no, what women want is some words. because once we give them words, women can twist the words, beat us up with them, use the words as weapons against us, and use the words in an attempt to control us. and because women are more verbally inclined than men, they usually win -- men give up out of exhaustion.