Why can't I understand you boys?

hi everybody.. I'm an Italian girl so sorry if there are many mistakes in my posts.. I've been wondering for a while why we as girls are not able to understand you boys..?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you girls are totallly crazy and freaks. HOwever, I've done a lot of work on myself, now that I know more about me, I understand more about you girls...it seems to me we are not that different. If I look confusing, often is because I AM confused, same goes with you. And I think you girls make one mistake: arrogance. You think you know yourselves, but you don't, you don't make sense not even to yourselves. Same goes for a lot of guys, though in general I think it's the girls who are more random and unpredictable (and by large!). BUT, now that I know more in depth the dinamics of what goes inside, even behaviours which before seemed complitely crazy, now have a logic. You are italian, I bet you studied socrates: know yourself;)

What Guys Said 18

• Because my mind is too complex for even myself.

But seriously girls are far more complex. They say one thing such as "I'm fine." and what they actually mean is "I'm really mad right now you better choose your words and moves carefully.".

• Hello,

it's becouse our brains are wired differently, men think and process the world around them through cause and effect, generating solutions for problems and are introverted emotionaly, women are more process thinking focusing on the experience and are extroverted emotionaly. This is why women see talking and openly exressing emotion and discussing feelings as important where men are prefer to talk to fix and view feelings and emotions as either problems or somthing to be "fixed"

• and us boys can't understand you girls

• guys think in boxes, dealing one subject at a time aimed at the big picture. girl think as one large mass of intertwined wires, everything connected and detailed. also guys save our emotions for select things, it may even take a wile for you as a person to become one of those things.

• Believe me, the reverse is true.

That's just the way it seems to be.

• Ummm... Psychology is the study of understanding people, and why they do the things they do... so, it has nothing to do with you not being a woman, you just don't understand anything about psychology, or you might be a bad judge of character.

• Same way boys don't understand girls I guess. The only way you would understand boys is either you suddenly become one, you really get into the head of one or sit tight and listen to lengthy explanation by some researcher.

Your English is very good!

Il tuo inglese รจ molto buono!

• The major difference is that girls tend to form a stronger emotional bond more quickly. I always see questions like "why did he lose interest in me?" Well guys want sex. Girls then have sex with guys. But after sex, the guys don't feel any closer to the girls, whereas after having sex a girl may even fall in love with a guy whom she previously only had slight feelings for. Girl lets her self be used. Guy gets bored. Tada guy and girl are no longer seeing each other.

• guys are easy to understand girls are the ones that are hard to understand.

• let's agree.. girls don't understand guys and guys don't understand girls..

• I think it's because the desicions we make are influenced differently. i.e. most girls follow their feelings with their intuition and most guys follow their logic with theirs.

• Hey, we feel the same. As if you guys speak a different language too! Why can't we both just be straight forward?

• i don't know.. I think it's because of extremely bad communication among us..

• we all know that can't happen because if you say you like a girl/a girl says she likes a guy, one of them loses interest. It's stupid but it's the way the mind works

• men are haters. They want to reveal everything hidden and they hide themselves. women try to show as much as they hide. I think you got the wrong idea that there are men who loves. THey all hates.

• shouldnt have to get a degree in, how to read a girl 101

• Guys are very simple. ;)

• Just like French people can understand Spanish people, and vice-versa.

• because women are clouded with their emoitions and feelings and can't let much go. men use logic and think things out without too much emotion. in field where emotions run high such as ex. medical proffesions males are in much need because they give a better understanding of medicine and can treat patients better because they don't let emotions get into what they need to do. women always make a big deal of everything and can't let things go, apparent because the suicide rates are overwhelmingly done by females than males. women should just stay home and cook like the should be doing, not much thinking there

• It's pretty simple, really: we're biologically different in so many ways, that even our THINKING is different. Simply put, we have just as much difficulty understanding you, as you do us. It's how it's been since the beginning of time. It's just something we all have to work at throughout our lives.

Heck, if it was easy enough to explain in a simple answer, then sites like this wouldn't even exist! :D So, sorry, it's pretty much a mystery, but at least you aren't alone in wondering! ;D

• its just maths

What Girls Said 6

• You need to let men open up for you to understand them. They're actually very straightforward and simple minded creatures..., just their facial expressions alone can tell a lot. Girls on the other hand, are harder for men to comprehend because we play a lot of games, even I will admit that.

• Because we think guys are from our point of view our from the way that we see the world, and as you may or not have seen, its quiet different. Even our brains are biologically different. The way we see things its very different. We are very good picking up details, guys just look at the big picture or generalize. They are more visual individuals, we are more emotional beings or guide more by other senses.

• ok first of all girls aren't complicated, guys are just too dumb to understand us. anyway all guys are confusing in some ways. whether it may be personality or how they act or whatever it is. our brains function differently so its harder for us to understand each other.

• Guys are not dumb, they are just much more simple and are worried about more important things that to think about you girls all the time.

• i hate people who think they are better than others, and ignorant such as you. maybe girls because that's what you are is a girl- your too "dumb" to understand a man. totally ignorant response on your part

• ok first of all its a saying so get over yourself and second of all you don't know me so don't go judging people you don't know. I may be "dumb" but at least I'm selfless enough to admit it and I don't understand guys but ya know what I don't care and I'm OK with not being able to understand them.

• i think its because we girls are so complicated and we never come out with exactly how we feel. and guys are USUALLY pretty simple and they say how they feel. Being girls, we assume everyone is as complicted as we are, and even if a boy comes out and says "i feel..." then we think that he really means something else. even if he doesnt.

• Couldn't have put it better myself. We girls try to read too much "in between the lines" when there's nothing to figure out lol

• upps I wrote in the wrong box sorry. I agree with you though.

• read some self help books.

One I am reading now is called "You just don't understand: women and men in conversation" by deborah tannen.

You should check it out, it's very clear cut and well written.

• They feel the same too, dear :D

• well that's the positive about it.. but they drive me crazy..

• I'm reading a gr8 book ..it's called "Secrets about men that women should know" I love it! :))