If a guy is short does that automatically make him out of a girls league?

OK I'm only 5'4'' and until this incident I've never even been remotely concerned about my height at all. But now I'm constantly thinking about it.

I met this girl through a bunch of friends the other day and we keep bumping into each other at uni and now we have started talking a lot. Everytime we bump into each other we end up flirting with each other and we have done it a few times in front of our friends. But I didn't take it seriously because I know a lot of girls who flirt for fun and just to get some attention.

Anyway I asked her out on a date and she told me she would think about it and let me know. She told her girl friends that I asked her on a date and they said ''Oh my god, he is so short, you can do so much better''. I know this because one of the girls came back and told me this and she is one of my closest friends so she would tell me exactly what was said.

So does that mean that if a guy is short then he is out of a girl's league? Or does it make him automatically unattractive?

I know most girls like tall/taller guys but this girl is the same height as me with her heels on. What's the big deal?!

Most Helpful Girl

• We all have aspects of our physical appearance or personality that some will disparage and others will flock too. It is hurtful that you had to find out what these girls said.

Height is not an issue for me unless the guy is shorter than me without heels on. Even then, as long as he feels more substantial than me (muscular and/or confident), I have dated a few guys who were shorter than me with heels on, maybe the same height without shoes. I would let this go and just chalk it up to a comment by someone who wasn't addressing you as human being with feelings, but sizing you up as some sort of Ken Doll who should be critiqued as just that. Get back to your normal confident state that you were in before that as the only thing worse than hearing this comment would be to make it your own opinion about yourself.

I am an attractive woman, stable, great career, strong and independent. Some men love me with a passion. Some men avoid me like the plague and many I am sure are ambiguous. I keep my ears and my heart open for the man who thinks I am amazing. I let the others find their version of paradise. Do the same, you deserve it.

What Girls Said 6

• No! Short guys are not a problem. The girls who don't appreciate a short guy are the problem. But as long as you don't mind it, it's all good. But you do have to think about it in a girl's perspective as well... We LOVE wearing heels. If we wear them, and we are taller than you in them, most girls will freak. But there will be girls who will like you just the way you are. :) So enjoy your height... :)

• well to me , it doesn't matter , its the guys face that's important and his posture, I'm 5ft 7 and I use to fancy a guy who was 5ft 5 ish , ... it depends some girls just like the big arms , to wrap around them , or the hug thing where a girls head can come to the guys neck or whatever that hug thing is. as I said not all girls are about height ,

if she flirted with you chances are she likes you , it could be her friends saying that stuff and it affects her.besides ever hear of the saying best goods in small parcels ?

• I'm under five feet and dated guys your height, even shorter, so I'm comfortable with it. Guys who are close to six feet and over just tower over me, and usually tell me they want someone taller "to be seen with" but in bed, a girls height doesn't really matter. I've being told by guys that they actually like that I'm short and light because they can bounce me around easier while they're standing up (I hope that's not too graphic for this kindergarden website)

• I have always found short guys to be good looking, but I don't think I would want to date a guy shorter then me. I'm 5'8'' so I guess that makes a difference, and there are guys won't want to date me because of my hight. Its just human nature.

• Haha no way! My boyfriend is shorter then me. The only people that have problems with it are our friends! I love short guys!

• I'm 5'4, the guy I'm dating is a couple inches shorter than me. It doesn't put off girls that much, but in general shorter guys are less attractive. If you've got a great personality, she'll overlook it. If not, you don't want to be with her anyways. (:

What Guys Said 2

• These girls are lying through their teeth! Do you ever see a hot girl with a short dude? OK then I'ts settled! On the other hand notice how they are tryin to make you feel better. Maybe you gotta appeal to their hearts and not just their libidos.

• I'm a hot girl and I'm dating a short guy. You obviously don't know as much as you claim to.

• Tell the girl to forget it if she has to decide and she's in college she should be mature and shouldn't have to take time like that.