Why does my "ugly" friend get more dates then me?

I believe I'm waaay prettier than my friend, not in a stuck-up way but in fact, I'm prettier and have a better body, yet she gets more dates than me, why is that? It really brings me down sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• You may be sending off vibes of un-approachability. I have found that too many people bank on good looks to get the guy or the girl. But a less hot gal who is easy to talk to and friendly will do much better than the hot girl who won't make eye contact and whose shyness makes them appear aloof and unattainable.

I used to think guys were so fearless that nothing would stop them from asking out a girl they were attracted to. That may be true in many other areas of their life, but not in love. A lot of confident guys melt around the girl of their dreams. Worse, you might not appear to be the girl of someone's dreams if they think you are pretty but cold.

I don't know if this does apply to you, only you can answer that, but take it to heart and think about this. Good luck!

What Guys Said 4

• lol looks aren't everything so have you thought maybe because of your attitude and how you view them can be barring you from getting a date? probably.

• WHY!?!?!?!?

Why would her getting more dates actually matter to you? Haven't you heard of "quality over quantity"? Guys use it on each other all the time, but I didn't think that girls actually needed to hear it!

Just because your friend can get more "dates" doesn't mean that guys would actually prefer her over you.

Don't worry about what she does. Seriously, it's not something that you should let bring you down.

• I'm way hotter than you so go shag a badger

• She probably has a better personality to compensate for her looks!

Ask yourself this question, if you were a guy who would you prefer to date?

What Girls Said 5

• Oh god, ignore the people saying this is bitchy. No human is 100% PC and perfect. We all have questions like this. Just last month my ex tried to win me back, then he stopped calling and I was like ? as it turns out he started dating another girl. Who is less attractive than I am and someone I assumed was not his type. Whaaaa?

Just flip the scenario -- what if a gorgeous man was sitting next to an average guy and the average guy smiled warmly at you-- introduced himself and then initiated genuine conversation and the hot guy just stared ahead stone faced not talking. At the end of the night would you ask the hot guy out? Being approachable and good at small talk goes a long way.

Also, are the guys who are asking your friend out men that you are attracted to? If not, then the point is moot.

• maybe she`s sluttier :/

• nice there , calling your friend ugly. she pro has a nicer personality and is more outgoing. you need to stop comparing your self to your friend , every one is different and unique ,if your that desperate tell her how you feel and many shell give you some tips on how to talk to guys .

• She might be nicer than you. Or she might look more approachable than you.

• Maybe because of the way you're acting right now...

• You may not say you're stuck up. But you're acting like a right bitch right now. And if you don't intend to then you certainly sound it. And if this is they natural way you come off then I'm not surprised.

• Well she's a real bitch to me, and she's super 2 faced, she comes across as a nice person but in reality what you hear me say now is not even half of how she behaves... She talks crap about all our friends so why should I not return the favor?

• Calm the hell down zombiefood. She's just asking a question, and I think it's valid. From what I've seen so far guys are intimidated by a really beautiful woman so they would rather talk to a girl they think have a chance with than waste their time chasing the "unobtainable". Many guys have confidence issues so their afraid that if they get a pretty girl all the guys will chase her and she'll be harder to keep with so many options.