Girls: What does it mean when you do this?

Every time I'm either on the train or studying in the library I always catch a girl looking at me. But as soon as I look at them they look away. So then I look away too because they are no longer looking at me. So then I look up again and they are looking at me again but as soon as they see me looking at them they look away. I try to maintain eye contact with them but they look away every time I look at them so I can't. What does this mean? Do they look away because they don't want me to get the wrong impression? The impression that they may be interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's looking at you because she's interested (or she thinks you look familiar/weird/etc). She looks away when you notice her because she's a GIRL LOL, most of us get anxious when a guy stares right back. Maintaining eye contact with a guy we don't really know but think is cute is hard. I've TRIED to maintain eye contact with guys I think are cute before but the sense of pressure really builds until I just have to look away.

You should go say "Hi" to her.

hnnn...although...

One time, I stared at a guy until he said hello to me but that time, I was staring because I was trying to place where I know him from.

What Girls Said 7

• Generally, if it happens multiple times, they're looking at you because they enjoy it. Meaning, they're probably interested. They look away because they're embarrassed they got caught.

• I found myself doing this a couple days ago while riding the train. My friend and I were going shopping and I noticed a really cute guy sitting on the other side just a few seats down. I looked at him a few times, admiring his handsomeness, and got caught each time, my friend thought I should get his number until she noticed he was wearing a wedding band. Most of the time I stare at guys because I find them extremely attractive or I just happened to be day-dreaming in their direction. If I'm interested I try to initiate conversation.

• You can't tell if a girl's interested by just a glance. If you've never met her, how can she be interested? Give her (or all of them?) a smile and maybe a cute little wave, if you're interested. If she's interested, she'll respond back somehow. If you're not interested, just keep doing what you're doing. =)

• this would be called, checking you out! they don't want you to notice that they're looking at you.

• It NEVER hurst to just go say hi.. she wants you too. Then fel it out when you are talking to her!

• you are either really hot, so the staring means they are checking you out, or you are really ugly/weird looking and they are staring because of that. but I would guess its the first one

• Yea. These girls be checking you out lol. I've done that a bunch of times, but not because I'm interested in a relationship or anything. Sometimes guys have really cute or really handsome faces, and us girls just have to take a look (or two...or three) and appreciate it- just for the short-term :)

What Guys Said 0