Is it wrong for me to be attracted to older men?

I'm 16, yet I find the "boys" in my age group to be very childish and immature. They become boring after a while, because they like to fill my ear with sweet nothings. This is how I feel about guys between the age of 15 and 17. Yet when I come across a guy between the age of 19 and 23 they're much more charming. I find myself preferring them, because I find them trustworthy, understanding, and overall much better. I've always felt this way, since I've matured much earlier than everyone else in my age group. Most days I'm mistaken to be at least 19 by looks and personality. Also, older men are more attracted to me than my age group, because my body has matured faster than others. The bogs I'm used to like girls very thin but older men like a girl with a figure. So is it wrong for me to be attracted to older men?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not wrong to be attracted but boy is it wrong to date men a lot older. I think you know this. And don't kid yourself about being more mature, etc., every girl thinks they are more mature and should date older guys.

Of course older guys are more interesting, but if they were together they'd also find older girls interesting. unless, as is likely, they just hope to take advantage of you and your 'mature' body!

What Guys Said 6

• No it isn't work to be attracted to ANYone...its just wrong how you ACT on those emotions... from a legal standpoint. You're 16...you go messin around with some 23 year old...and pretty quick...he might find himself in prison and it wouldve been partially your fault for attempting to make that kinda relationship happen. For now...youre just a kid...it sounds like you may have a great relationship with someone someday because your values in trust and understanding make a difference...but the charming thing...watch out for what they are attempting to charm you to do with them. Right now you're underage...get yourself a nice underage boy you can date OR just concentrate on school because your GPA matters if you want college or ever want a job that isn't minimum wage.

• Being a 23 year old guy, I would tell you that while it's healthy to be attracted to more mature men, you need to be careful of how you treat those feelings. It makes me happy to know you want more than a boy, but you have a lot of growing to do as well. Older men aren't looking for a teenage girl, they're looking for a mature young woman who has taken the time to developed herself emotionally and socially. Men are always attracted to women physically, but real men look for more than just a pretty body. I dated a girl 4 years younger than me for four years and eventually had to break it off because she wasn't at the same level of maturity. While you may think you're as mature as the older men you're attracted to, you're only kidding yourself at 16. Keep that desire for a mature man and wait till you're older and ready for that kind of relationship. You'll be very glad you did.

• " the "boys" in my age group to be very childish and immature"

cuz they are.

That's all I have to say.

• you're a girl... you're gonna be attracted to older guys

• Nope.

• It o,k to be a attracted men at your age a lot of girls are just don,t go to much over your age group because guy that or over the age of 20 can get in trouble for dating a 16 year old girl so stick to guy that 18 19 or 20 but be cool about

What Girls Said 1

• no, don't worry about it.

i've always been attracted to men outside of my age range.

lately I've had a fancy for guys around 10 years older.

[i wouldn't suggest it for you]

but females usually mature faster than males.

i wouldn't worry about it,

don't do anything illegal, eh?