Any tips on asking a girl out?

Okay, so there's this girl that I know likes me, and she's beautiful. I want to ask her out, but I don't want it to be a boring "hey will you go out with me" So, if your a girl, how would you want to be asked out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question man...

The key here is the focus of the question.

If I ask a girl, Do you want to go out with me? I am communicating that I'm not sure if she would even want to. It say's, I like you, but do you think I'm good enough to hang out with. It's seeking her approval.

I like to shift the focus of the question and assume she wants to hang out.

I actually just asked a girl last night: I said, "Hey let's go watch that new movie "No Strings Attached" this weekend. I got plans on Saturday, but I'm free Friday or Sunday, which day would be better for you?

So this way, I'm assuming she wants to go, and asking her about what would be a better day.

Or if you had a restaurant in mind say, "Hey I'd like to take you out to this cool place (Insert Rest), when would be a good night for you?

So the formula is to assume she wants to in the question, and focus the question on her availability over her willingness...

What Girls Said 1

• Call her with a date/event in mind, and ask her directly. Make sure it's something she'll like, tell her that you want to take her...the best first date I had was when I guy I'd known for a while (and liked) sent me a "hey I have tickets for this, put on a great dress and come with me..." Wow did it work. OH AND, it doesn't have to be anything over the top, just a band you like in a bar, bowling (chicks love wearing rented shoes) or a cool restaurant that will offer the opportunity for conversation and cocktails.

What Guys Said 1

• just be real with it dawgs!